1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.0.3 missing software update option on Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pasty, Apr 25, 2012.

1. pasty

pasty Lurker

Hi All

I have just had the Ice Cream Sandwich update 4.0.3 on my Galaxy S2, but seem to have lost the menu item in Settings > About phone > Software Update. Does anyone know if this is correct or did something go a-rye in my update?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rheumatoid

Rheumatoid Member

I've still got it

3. pasty

pasty Lurker

Ok thanks for the confirmation. I'm on Orange in the UK, wonder if that might have something to do with it?

4. jadetom

jadetom Lurker

Hi

did you ever find out anything about this - i have exactly the same problem

5. Rottitera

Rottitera Newbie

I have the same problem so it's not just your update.......i read somewhere a week ago that Samsung where going to push out a minor update for ics later this year and because it will be a small file it will be pushed out OTA !!!!!.....hmmm something is amiss here.......

6. wheech

wheech Lurker

Yeah me too on orange and menu item is missing or has been removed...
    Very strange!

pasty likes this.
  7. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Orange don't use the OTA update feature.

Rottitera and pasty like this.
  8. Rottitera

Rottitera Newbie

Thanks for the heads up on that.........if thats the case then how do Orange customers get notified of an upcoming update ??

Obviously i'm on Orange and the updater was present within the menu settings before i updated to Ics....this is the only item that is missing from settings now i've updated.

9. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

Kies!

10. pasty

pasty Lurker

Thanks all, it does seem that orange have decided to omit the OTA then :s mmm and not just me getting a corrupt install.

11. Morat

Morat Well-Known Member

I never did get OTA updates from Orange, they always came via Kies - even though the update options were there on the handset.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews