• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.0.4 signal issues

So this is not my modem problem then since my signals are good?

See my previous post.

However, if you are, as you say in post #1, getting signal drops all the time that might indicate that either you have dead zones, which is down to your network providers signal, or your modem is either dropping the signal or not switching between different cell towers efficiently.

Since there are numerous posts all over the web from Canadians who have XEU, UK, firmware and modems that are giving similar problems and who are flashing different modems to their phones to combat this, then it would seem likely that this is your problem also.

Think of it this way... You could play Deep Purples, "Smoke on the Water", on a Banjo.... it just wouldn't sound as good as when it's played on a Guitar.

Upvote 0
See my previous post.

Since there are numerous posts all over the web from Canadians who have XEU, UK, firmware and modems that are giving similar problems and who are flashing different modems to their phones to combat this, then it would seem likely that this is your problem also.

Think of it this way... You could play Deep Purples, "Smoke on the Water", on a Banjo.... it just wouldn't sound as good as when it's played on a Guitar.

Lets not impetuously write off the merits of the Banjo per se. If the Duelling Banjo scene was performed between a triangle and a comb with tracing paper, then I dont think this iconic scene in Deliverance would have attained such high acclaim in cinematic history.
:flute:

As you are no longer under warranty, have you considered rooting? At least then you would be able to install a modem suitable to your region, which would almost certainly cure the signalling issues you're having.

Upvote 0
do u think getting a phone in north america would be better than the international version?

Let me answer your question with two questions to you:-

1. Why do you think that Samsung released the Samsung Galaxy S2, "M", variant, specifically for Canada?

2. Can you think of any Canadian owner of the , "M", variant, on this general forum who has experienced the whole litany of problems that you have posted about over the last year or so, listing your disatisfaction with your Samsung Galaxy S2 running UK firmware in Canada?

Upvote 0
1. Why do you think that Samsung released the Samsung Galaxy S2, "M", variant, specifically for Canada?

2. Can you think of any Canadian owner of the , "M", variant, on this general forum who has experienced the whole litany of problems that you have posted about over the last year or so, listing your disatisfaction with your Samsung Galaxy S2 running UK firmware in Canada?

I was on fido and fido didn't have this phone at the time

It is a shame that you appear unable or unwilling to answer my two questions when, in the last year, I have patiently answered so many of yours. I feel you may have realised something from your answers.

So, it is true to say, that in your understandable eagerness to own an SGSII, rather than wait for the release of the Canadian, "M", variant, you chose to purchase off of the web, whether knowingly or not, a non, "M", variant SGSII which had XEU, UK, firmware that had been deemed by the manufacturer, Samsung, as unsuitable, per se, for the Canadian market, hence the release of the "M", variant.

Unlike a lot of your fellow countrymen who, realising their mistake in not waiting for the, "M", variant, took steps to flash a compatible firmware... you have steadfastly refused.

With all due respect, you have, in the last year, devoted literally 100's of posts expressing your disatisfaction of your SGSII running UK firmware on the Canadian networks. This is not Samsung's fault... nor the fault of the SGSII I think you must surely agree.

To use an analogy... this is a little like me buying a Canadian car for use in the UK and then constantly complaining that the drivers view is poor, parts are scarce and labour is expensive. I'm certain you would be the first to say that, in that case, I should not have bought a Canadian car for use on British roads and that I should either, sell it, modify it or stop, complaing about Canadian cars.

Please do not treat this as an affront jaliy old boy. This is merely a statement of the facts, accummulated over the last year of your postings. I think you will agree that the time has come for you to decide on the future of your SGSII..

Do you modify it?

Do you sell it?

Do you keep it the way it is?

Do you nit pick the above and side step the issue?

Upvote 0
Hi ironass,
I am having the same problem. I bought my phone from KSA. The model is GT-1900RWAXSG
Here are my firmware details:
PDA: I9100XXLQB
PHONE: I9100XXLQ6
CSC: I9100XALQB
Build Info: Tue July 17 23:44:06 KST 2012

I am using this phone in Pakistan (Asia)
Can you please let me know which firmware should I flash instead?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Hi ironass,
I am having the same problem. I bought my phone from KSA. The model is GT-1900RWAXSG
Here are my firmware details:
PDA: I9100XXLQB
PHONE: I9100XXLQ6
CSC: I9100XALQB
Build Info: Tue July 17 23:44:06 KST 2012

I'm assuming that your CSC code is actually... i9100OXALQB which is the firmware for Android 4.0.4; Poland.

I am using this phone in Pakistan (Asia)
Can you please let me know which firmware should I flash instead?

You do not have to change the whole firmware in an attempt to improve your signal. You can just flash a different modem to your phone. For detailed instructions on this, see, "Modems - A Dummies Guide".

If you wish to flash the whole firmware you will need to follow the instructions in post #1, here, under the heading, "My firmware is not eligible for ICS yet but I want it now!". The CSC code for Pakistan is OJP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones