• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.1.2 camera focus

after tapping on the camera rather hard, i got it to try to focus, and move a bit....

verizon is sending me another replacement...

certified like new my ass...

i swear it says if its under manufacturer warranty, you're supposed to get a NEW replacement..

pfft..

you have 14 days to get a new replacement... ugh... lame.

Upvote 0
Mines not on the original line it was purchased on so I deal with assurion. Consistently they have been sending brand new in the box with all the accessories.

Edit: I just downloaded and installed the Google Edition camera. Everything works and it seems to have a little bit better image quality. I disabled the stock camera and gallery app and will run this one for a while and see how it goes.

Upvote 0
Reactions: unitypunk
Upvote 0
I downloaded it, thanks for that. Camera & camcorder work, panoramic & photosphere modes do not work, the camera force closes if you try to select them. There are probably some missing lib files that the KK camera needs to operate.

How does it function for you?

I actually haven't tested it for these features. Woops.
I don't use Camera pretty much and never used these features anyway.
And yes. Missing new libraries and no methods in current libraries.

Sphere:
Code:
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load lightcycle: findLibrary returned null
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:365)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:535)
at com.google.android.apps.lightcycle.panorama.LightCycleNative.<clinit>(LightCycleNative.java:60)

Pano:
Code:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native method not found: com.android.camera.Mosaic.allocateMosaicMemory:(II)
at com.android.camera.Mosaic.allocateMosaicMemory(Native Method)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones