1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.1.2: has it fixed car dock issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TobesEtc, Dec 12, 2012.

1. TobesEtc

TobesEtc Android Enthusiast

Does anyone know if the (Polish) 4.1.2 update available on XDA fixes the car dock issue that 4.1.1 introduced?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Benji_T

Benji_T Lurker

It hasn't for UK version. So annoyed as finally recieved my iBolt dock that i have waiting for months for

3. badboybubby

badboybubby Member

That's ridiculous, I've not been able to use my Ibolt since I flashed to JB. I'm giving serious consideration to selling my S3 and getting a Nexus 4.

4. badboybubby

badboybubby Member

Just installed 4.1.2 on My S3 (Three Uk) and can confirm that the dock issue has not been resolved. **** this, I'm rooting.

5. WAWood8

WAWood8 Well-Known Member

I have JB on my phone and I have NO car dock issues. The iBolt behaves the same as it did back on ICS.

I think the problem is due to the VERSION of JB you have. I know the US Verizon version has no problems (because, that's what I use), but I read that the International version DOES have the problems. Since it has something to do with code REMOVED from the kernel, it's likely that new OS versions will not automatically fix it.. Sorry.

6. Tom Conway

Tom Conway Newbie

Had another firmware update today but can't tell what has changed. Has anybody else had an update (still shows as 4.1.2) and does anybody know if this is a fix for the car dock problem - I don't have one but am waiting to get the iBolt if the issue is fixed soon.

7. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Tom Conway likes this.
  8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

the toggle has gone! lol theyve added new toggles but removed that :thinking:

9. dpcham

dpcham Lurker

Which car dock issue are you guys referring to?

10. SilentJ20

SilentJ20 Newbie

Something in the kernel for JB did not allow the phone to detect when a docking cable (or desktop dock) was connected. Something about not checking for the correct resistance values in the dock cable. I was unaware that it was only the international version, though (according to WAWood8 above).

dpcham likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews