1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 4.1.2 update failed on verizon note 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OneBadRam, May 5, 2013.

1. OneBadRam

OneBadRam Lurker
    None

May 5, 2013
    Hey everyone I'm new to everything that is android. I have a verizon galaxy note2 My binary counter says "1" I dont know if that is why my phone won't update. After I download the update I hit ok to install. A little bit after it starts installing the little android pops up laying down with a red triangle over it. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. dpeagle

dpeagle Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 10, 2010
    you should just take your phone to a verizon store and let them update it. they would also be able to diagnose why your phone is having trouble updating.

3. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert
    None

Mar 9, 2012
    It sounds like something tripped the flash counter on the Note 2. By any chance, did you root your phone or installed a custom ROM on it? The counter should be a zero and that is probably why it is failing to update. I think there's an app called triangle away that will reset the flash counter. But I'm not too knowledgeable in that as I have never rooted or installed custom ROMs. Best to backup everything first to be on the safe side before doing anything else.

4. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Linux kernel development, Android & Chrome
    Raleigh, NC
    "Binary counter says 1"...are you currently rooted? If so, you'll have to unroot before the update will succeed. Else, yes, take it in.

5. OneBadRam

OneBadRam Lurker
    None

May 5, 2013
    Yes I did have the phone rooted. I unrooted to get the update. Will verizon know that I rooted the phone if I take it in with the binary counter at "1"? I really appreciate everybody's input.

6. OneBadRam

OneBadRam Lurker
    None

May 5, 2013
    Yes I did look into "triangle away" , but for some reason I have to have the bootloader unlocked in order to use it. Its only like that for the note2 on verizon.

7. OneBadRam

OneBadRam Lurker
    None

May 5, 2013
    If I take it unrooted into verizon, with the binary counter tripped at "1", will they check for that?