1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.2.2 Sense 5 OTA Incoming

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrooperThorn, Dec 6, 2013.

1. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Verizon has updated their status page here and Mo at HTC confirmed it with Tweets here and here.

It has finally happened.

red arrow likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

3. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Didn't realize the Knowledge Base was already posted, but Mo's Tweets confirm today is the day.

4. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Tweets from HTC have been historically very unreliable especially when it comes to VZW). I am hopeful for an update today, but not holding my breath.

5. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Agreed. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Verizon is painfully slow with these.

6. red arrow

red arrow Member

***mashes check new button under software update menu:D I won't hold my breath, but it is nice to know it is coming. Thanks for the info.

7. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

I'm guessing tomorrow at the earliest.

8. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Downloading an update now, but it's only 14MB. Can't possibly be 4.2 and Sense 5.

EDIT: No idea what the first upgrade was, but after doing that one, I checked new and 4.2.2 and Sense 5 are downloading now (564MB). Downloading now, I'll report back when it's done.

9. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Mine is updating as we speak.

10. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Did you get the mini update too, or just go right to the main one?

11. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

Yeah I got the mini one too. Man this big one is taking a long time to download.

I'm on wifi and my wife's DNA is on 4G, and her download is faster than mine. Thanks for nothing Time Warner.

12. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Updating as we speak. Took me probably 15 minutes to download via wifi (also TWC, but business).

13. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

My download is at 42% currently on my wifi. The wife's is done downloading, and about 65% through the install at this point. Been about 19 min for me at this point.

14. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Update complete, back up and running. Seems stable so far. Now just need to get used to Sense 5.

15. Hoosiermama

Hoosiermama Well-Known Member

Mine did a small update first, then when I checked new again, it started downloading a big update. Still downloading...:)

16. mwl1119

mwl1119 Android Expert

My DNA freezes while checking for an update. Rebooting did nothing.

[​IMG]

17. Slickyy

Slickyy Well-Known Member

I thought we were getting 4.3?

18. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Android Expert

Nope, 4.2.2. 4.3 may come before 4.4 (end of 1Q 2014), but I don't think that's been decided just yet.

19. red arrow

red arrow Member

Hilmar2k, Do you plan on starting a first impressions thread or will you discuss that here? I would like to see some comments on real world use and experience before updating myself.

20. mwl1119

mwl1119 Android Expert

Yeah...

4.2.2 was hot garbage on my Nexus 7. I'm hoping it's better with the Sense 5 UI.

HTC Droid DNA Forum

The HTC Droid DNA release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, and 2020mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews