• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4.2.2 [Unofficial] Slimbean [BETA 2]

SlimBeanOP2.png

Okay so this beta was first made by jssa28 but for some reason he hasnt or couldnt continue with this beta so I decided to make a second BETA! This ROM is better than the CM10.1 for GSM ROM I made, less bugs and more stable. I dont consider myself a developer, because I really didnt cook this ROM but I did edit and fixed somethings! And I do know my way around ROMS and fixing some! But I still need to learn more! :)

WORKING:

-Back Camera
-Front Camera
-YouTube (Just Dont Update It)
-GSM Network Setting Menu
-3G FOR GSM (Only 2G on some countrys, like here where I live. (Mexico)) But thats because of the phone's broadband/antennas something like that, there not capable in our country. Note: To use Data Service you need to add your carriers APN.
-Some other stuff (Dont remember)

NOT WORKING:

-Camcorder
-If you update YouTube it will not work.
-Detecting Earphones (But I installed a app to fix that, you just configure the settings how ever you want, and it will get earphones/aux or what ever you conect to your phone working)

If you find more bugs, post them here, and ill try to see if I can fix them the quickest possible way!

GAPPS are included, so dont worry about flashing them! :D

Download:
HERE!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-31-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-31-54.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 203
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-10.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-17.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-21-11-32-25.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 155
Just asking, does Jelly Bean support wimax, I know that kitkat doesn't support wimax. Also am I allowed to develop on this ROM? I'm not the best but I think I can edit a few things?

I think its not supported, only on ICS :s And yea you can edit/develop on it! :) Just that ill like to be mentioned :d but thats it haha. I just finished porting a kitkat ROM, im going to see if its able to load on the kingdom, I already edited alot of stuff. If it works, ill add/removed/fix some stuff on it and ill upload it!:)

Upvote 0
I think its not supported, only on ICS :s And yea you can edit/develop on it! :) Just that ill like to be mentioned :d but thats it haha. I just finished porting a kitkat ROM, im going to see if its able to load on the kingdom, I already edited alot of stuff. If it works, ill add/removed/fix some stuff on it and ill upload it!:)

Are you porting from source of the zip method?

And thanks for letting me develop on the ROM :)

Reactions: maikalwolf
Upvote 0
I have tested the rom its very smooth than blue kingdom

problems are

setup screen got crashed i just pressed home!

earphones are not getting detected i have tested that app but, i am unable to get them work

phone is getting bit warmer than general

there are few glitches here and there

camera is set to 3mp

gsm is working fine no problems at all

i think there are few unnecessary apps which are running in background

front camera is also working fine

overall its much better and can be used as a daily driver

Thanks man for this wonderful rom looking forward to more builds and roms from you!!!!

Upvote 0
Too bad, I wish it could be reworked for wimax. There will be people from Freedompop coming this way with this phone, I put the link on the FP forums. Hopefully with time it can be worked back to wimax so it can work on FreedomPop evo desing 4g. I currently have BlueKingdom, I think its still the better one from what I tested. If anyone wants to suggest others for me to try I'd appreciate it, so I can pass it along to the FP folks.

Thanks for the work on this one though, this is a great phone, don't know why it receive less attention than the Evo Desire.

Upvote 0
Nice ROM. Haven't found any bugs in the ROM itself. But when I went to back up my ROM through cwm recovery it rebooted back to the ROM. Infact any thing that I select over the HBOOT menu takes me to the ROM. Is anyone else facing this problem? Also is there a fix to this?

Thanks,

Goku123.

P.S. I know that it's my fault that I messed up my phone. I'm just asking if there is a fix to this issue.

Upvote 0
First , Thank you anyway , although I never know what the homesreen is , I was just keeping getting message Like setupwizard has been stopped , setting has been stopped ... nomatter how many times I restarted into recovery and reset to factory setting .
anyway appreciate what you guys have done for this ancient device

Upvote 0
at last got them working

Sorry man, I wasnt on, I havent been ON, ive been working and going out and havent had a chanse to check the forum, but im currently going to start a MIUI PORTED ROM hopefully it works! :D I tryed PORTING a KitKat (4.3) ROM but keep getting error in the install via CWM-Recovery too bad, im going to try with a MIUI ROM hehe! :) If it works ill upload it.

Upvote 0
Sorry man, I wasnt on, I havent been ON, ive been working and going out and havent had a chanse to check the forum, but im currently going to start a MIUI PORTED ROM hopefully it works! :D I tryed PORTING a KitKat (4.3) ROM but keep getting error in the install via CWM-Recovery too bad, im going to try with a MIUI ROM hehe! :) If it works ill upload it.

Sorry to be rude, but KitKat is 4.4. 4.3 is still JellyBean.

P.S. I am too working on a 4.3 rom port.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones