• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My thoughts exactly the same. We just got 4.1.2 on VZW, took that long :( To get to 4.2.2 - I think Note 3 will be released sooner.

Now about 4.2.2. Just got yesterday VZW S4 (2 weeks for review purposes - expect a review from me soon from Note 2 user perspective ;)), and had a chance to play a little bit with a phone and its 4.2.2. I have no idea if the whole Air view and air gesture is a part of 4.2.2. or S4 specific, but that would have been awesome if we can get it on Note 2 with 4.2.2. update. Just in general, the stock interface is so much faster and smoother. Settings are also partitioned better, in a more logical way. Again, hard to tell if its part of 4.2.2 or specific to S4. One thing for sure, with every new Samsung release we get a glimpse of future features. S4 now has multi-window, following N2. Hopefully N3 will have air-view and air-gesture. Gorilla Glass 3 on S4 feels like my quality tempered glass screen protector. And so on...

Upvote 0
I would if I knew how. I would need very basic step by step instructions. Lol
It is one of the easiest yet.
Look up "odin root galaxy note 2"
That will tell you exactly how to get the phone rooted and a recovery flashed. The root is necessary to get the "authority" to make "unauthorized" changes and the recovery is so you can boot into a special "recovery" to flash your ROM.
The next step is to get a new ROM - make dang sure it is for your phone and carrier. You put it on your SD card and when you reboot into recovery you select flash rom, point it at the ROM on your SD card and let the magic happen.
I'm currently liking the CleanROM - it is only 4.1.2 but it keeps most all of teh TW goodness but has many customization features and runs the perseus kernel which has CPU and hardware tweaks PLUS it's tuned for superb battery life. I easy get a day and a half in normal use - up to 20 hrs with moderate use.
SlimBean is based on 4.2.2 so you get all the new goodies but I'm unsure if it supports the S-Pen and other extras.

Upvote 0
It is one of the easiest yet.
Look up "odin root galaxy note 2"
That will tell you exactly how to get the phone rooted and a recovery flashed. The root is necessary to get the "authority" to make "unauthorized" changes and the recovery is so you can boot into a special "recovery" to flash your ROM.
The next step is to get a new ROM - make dang sure it is for your phone and carrier. You put it on your SD card and when you reboot into recovery you select flash rom, point it at the ROM on your SD card and let the magic happen.
I'm currently liking the CleanROM - it is only 4.1.2 but it keeps most all of teh TW goodness but has many customization features and runs the perseus kernel which has CPU and hardware tweaks PLUS it's tuned for superb battery life. I easy get a day and a half in normal use - up to 20 hrs with moderate use.
SlimBean is based on 4.2.2 so you get all the new goodies but I'm unsure if it supports the S-Pen and other extras.

You lost ROM lol. I use to jailbreak my iPhone all the time when I had it but this Rooting of the Android phones confuse the hell out of me! Kernels and RoMs, Dammit man lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones