1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mrpnut, May 31, 2013.

1. drexappeal

drexappeal Extreme Android User

Advertisement

2. paulw035

paulw035 Member

I can confirm. I am in the UK and on 3, I have just had a firmware upgrade from 4.1.2 and it still shows as 4.1.2 no description of what it was about. Will let you know if I notice anything different.

3. netizensmith

netizensmith Newbie

Yeah, I'm on Three UK and got that update about a week ago. No sign of any differences.

4. softarno

softarno Well-Known Member

Well am not sure if this related to 4.2.2 or not, well am checking almost everyday for updates
    Always I got last updates already installed, well fortge past 2 days am gettin this message nd I dont know what it means

[​IMG]

Any idea?

5. Nobby Sheep

Nobby Sheep Member

Just had my update to the new version of 4.1.2 after 3 days in the queue.

It's on 100% charge so will keep an eye on things as I've had a problem recently with maps appearing to use an unreasonable amount of battery life!

I have noticed that chrome has been upgrade such that I now can't uninstall updates for it.

My eyesight is not great so I use the zoom setting which worked fine with the version of chrome that came with the phone, but now fails on some websites (wiki) where the text neither zooms or reflows.

6. womb raider

womb raider Android Enthusiast

Just checked for software updates and downloaded the new update package. No notable difference so far.

7. bonerp

bonerp Android Expert

well i hope it restores the performance of 4.1.1 cos since 4.1.2 its laggy and slow.

8. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

You can either keep trying your software update on the phone and eventually it will update the software, or use Samsung Kies software and it will update straight away. I would personally wait to do it OTA on the phone if you have problems with access to a PC or issues with Kies software.

9. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

I see you're in Kenya. That message means there's actually a queue just to await access to the querying service your carrier offers (Orange?).

I'd hang it up and just be patient. The Note 2 has no huge issues .. a few annoyances being reported on 4.1.2, but no deal breakers that I've seen.

I'm actually not so sure I want 4.2.2. ;)

10. softarno

Well thanks actually while am writing this its downloading the update its 75.33mbvwell I dont know if its 4.2.2 or what will see md let u know and am doing that OTA not with kies

Yup actually having tue international version originally got it from Us
    Nope carries are company called Safaricom, which Is under Vodafone
    Well am using 4.1.2 for a while nd its very ok now I dont know what is that am downloading
    But will let u know if there is anychanges

Frisco likes this.
  11. softarno

Well just installed it and its just an update package, and so far nothing new the only thing changed is the build number.

Will give it few days and see if there is something new or what.

12. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Has this update been released in the US yet? Sprint?

13. drexappeal

Hasn't been released to any GN2's anywhere, that I'm aware of.

14. Jore

Jore Android Enthusiast

Is the note 2 expected to get some of s4 features?

15. drexappeal

According to rumors/reports, the Note 2 should get some of the functions. I believe the S3 did get some of those functions more recently. My main concern is that they lighten up the UI, like they were saying they will do for the S4, to free up some usable internal storage.

16. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

Due to the happiness of alot of Note 2 users, the S4 sales have slumped and our update is delayed lol, shame on you Samsung for making cool phones!
    On another Note (no pun intended :p)I had to take my new Amber Brown Note 2 back the other day for replacement, when I was watching youtube or looking at anything really dark on my screen (also with room lights on very dim or off) I noticed a line running up the screen on the left hand side, so I downloaded an app which tested Amoled screen colours etc and it was clear to see, I googled it and saw other people with the same issues, also with the S3. Replacement is fine, that was a wierd issue....
    similar issue here and more if you search...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1933098

17. My daughter just got the S3 a couple of weeks ago and got the 4.2.2 update today. I'm impatiently waiting for it on my Note 2 since I heard they were adding back the apps to SD feature! Can anyone verify this? Also I'm rooted, but no flashed Rom. Will I get the OTA?

18. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS

Are you serious. .....do you have a screen shot showing thats its 4.2..the last time I read about it that we are not geting it until ending of jul or the beginning of aug, but I would love to see some pictures of 4.2 on the s3.

19. Yes, she has multi view now - I played with it. I will send a screen shot when she gets home later today.

20. evohicks

evohicks Android Expert

You mean Android version 4.1.2? Don't think the 4.2.2 is released yet officially, its around on custom roms but not OTA.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews