1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.2 for the HOX?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shazwtf, Jan 5, 2013.

1. shazwtf

shazwtf Lurker

Hello, i have the international europe version of the HTC One X, and was wondering if the 4.2 will be available? (im talking about settings>about>software>software updates)
    And if it will be, when will that be, based on a rough guess?
    BTW, i tried to get 4.2 manually by rooting, but since im a big noob i made my phone into a soft brick. And never going to try again :).

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

It's going to be awhile. Here in the U.S. we still don't have 4.1

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Personally, I don't want 4.2.x on my phone.

Jellybean 4.1 added all kinds of bells and whistles and I don't see a lot of benefit of the multiuser settings found in 4.2 on a phone. Business users might gain from some of the security options, but that's really it.

I don't mind it on my nexus 7

4. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Hi there shaz and welcome to the forums!

It's going to be a very long time before we see any kind of 4.2 update for our phones. as CiX said above, those of us on at&t don't even have android 4.1 yet.

5. Wilkas

Wilkas Android Enthusiast

I'd be happy with HTC just releasing a bug fix for the phone, after initially thinking jb was great it has made made my phone just feel different with lots of frustrating glitches, if it was possible I would put ICS back on just for the battery life alone.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews