1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.3 firm wear update on S3 phone in USA.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Galaxy Tab2 47, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Android Enthusiast

Samsung just upgraded my phones firm wear to 4.3 here in the USA.:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Drunder40

Drunder40 Well-Known Member

Which carrier?

3. mydian

mydian Android Expert

The update has been rolling out to US customers for a couple weeks now. Lots of posts about it. Have you noticed any bugs? I'm still avoiding the update.

4. Galaxy Tab2 47

Galaxy Tab2 47 Android Enthusiast

Mine is with Virgin Mobil USA.

5. cmichael258

cmichael258 Well-Known Member

Me too. Think I'll wait for a Knox workaround or just wait for KitKat 4.4

6. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

It might be awhile before we see Kit Kat.

7. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

Did you get all the features?

8. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast

I am on Sprint and I just received the 4.3 update last night. I'm in the process of installing it right now....Done. And it says it installed successfully.

One thing I see (or hear) is the camera app is now SILENT when you snap a pic IF you lower the volume to vibrate or mute BEFORE you go to Camera app. GREAT!

The video player has been replaced with "video" which doesn't show animated thumbnails anymore. Oh well it was always a little choppy anyway. Update: now the thumbnails are animated. Maybe it just took some time to build the mini videos.

There are a LOT of changes to the settings! It is now organized with tabs and everything has been moved. It's going to take some time figuring our where everything is. I'm just getting started looking around.

I haven't noticed any lag or slowdown at all. Nothing negative yet. So far, so good.

9. mak916

mak916 Android Expert

For me I noticed my lag was gone. The phone seemed much more responsive. I noticed the volume on the camera right away. Definitely liking that. The four tabs instead of three are going to take some time getting use to. I really like this update so far.

10. joshm662

joshm662 Member

My phone updated to 4.3 last night as well... I too am on Virgin Mobile in the USA.... this is the first time I've EVER seen a VM phone offer an OTA update and I have been using their phones for the last 3 years!

I haven't noticed any bugs, yet... I was weary of the update, but I didn't think Samsung or VM (who is in charge of these rollouts?) would continue sending out this update if it was still causing so many issues! Not to mention VM is selling the S3 now with 4.3 pre-loaded on their website. I don't really know A LOT about phones and these updates so I don't know if all of the features are here or not, I'd imagine they are... if you have any questions I'll try to answer them the best I can! :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews