1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4.3 'FIX' Update - Got it at last!!! (UK - EE)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sparrow2012, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Sparrow2012

Sparrow2012 Member

Hi

Just to encourage you folks waiting for the 'fix' to the dreadful 4.3 update on the S3....

I'm in UK, on EE (was T-Mobile), have an (unlocked) i9300 phone and have, just this morning, downloaded the 'fix'. I'm hoping this has fixed the issues, of course. Fortunately, I only had the long time-lag when waking the phone, in the main, which so far seems to have improved dramatically.

I did have very unusual (for me) heavy battery drain during the past few days, in spite of little usage but have no idea as to why.

So, hopefully, now, you guys waiting for this fix will not have much wait now. Worth checking in Settings-About Device and tap on Software Update to initiate the download, which is what I did this morning.

Good luck to you all and thanks for the posts keeping us going during these last couple of weeks, while waiting for this fix.

Now to see what difference the upgrade to 4.3 has to offer ... ;)

funkylogik likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gmpwolf

gmpwolf Member

Haven't had any updates yet. I'm annoyed as heck at my phone for the laggy wake up. I'm on Boost.

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I thought the US phones got an ok update?
    I am seeing a lot of moaning all over the net though.
    My advice would be "dont take the update, especially if you ever plan to root the phone before your warranty ends and.... dont update, root the phone and flash a custom rom instead"
    But to the people who are never gona do that, i hope you end up with a good version of 4.3 beacause imo thats the last proper update the s3 is gona get from samsung :(

4. mydian

mydian Android Expert

Actually there was an article on the front page a week or so ago that said the S3 will be receiving 4.4 around April :)

funkylogik likes this.
  5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Wow thats pretty cool. The s3 is gorgeous on 4.4. We just have to hope samsung dont mess it up too much lol :)

6. gmpwolf

gmpwolf Member

That's cool but any patches confirmed for 4.3?

7. alanbathurst

alanbathurst Newbie

got it this morning in Guildford.
    seems to wake up quickly now even with smart stay enabled.....hope the battery performance has been improved.

funkylogik likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews