• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.3 ruined tethering...help!!

xkdrowex

Lurker
Dec 24, 2013
New here. Downloaded the 4.3 s3 update today. Figured out how to unhide Developer Options to get USB debugging option to appear. I use the tether app from tether.com and have for years. Since the update it just says "Please enable USB debugging" and won't connect. It is a non-rooted phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app on phone and pc...made sure drivers were up to date... rebooted both. Can't figure it out. Can anyone help me?!

Welcome to the forum mate. Ive never (and wouldnt) try the update but from what ive read, it seems to have broken all the free tethering apps on certain carriers. Worst thing is that once you take the samsung 4.3 update, you cant go back to an older version.
If you need tethering, i think your only hope is rooting and flashing a custom rom :thumbdown:

Reactions: javamann
Upvote 0
Hello all,
Verizon just upgraded my S3 and the PDANET+/Foxfi is no longer working, I am getting a message to contact verizon to use their service.. Help.. What is the Foxfi/Planet mentioned in the previous post.
Thanks
The thing is, you just hafta lurk on these geek forums to know what NOT to do. Otherwise ur at the mercy of Verizon and Samsung.

JM

Upvote 0
Hello all,
Verizon just upgraded my S3 and the PDANET+/Foxfi is no longer working, I am getting a message to contact verizon to use their service.. Help.. What is the Foxfi/Planet mentioned in the previous post.
Thanks

It should have said Foxfi and Pdanet... another perk of the upgrade is that the stupid phone changes everything I write way more than it used to. Working for me ...using my PC to type this right now via connection... but I don't have Verizon ..maybe something to do with them?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones