• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.4.2 WiFi and BT issues

andruoid

Android Expert
Jan 10, 2011
BC, Canada
When I bought my N4 it was only a very brief few days with 4.3 JellyBean. So I've been on 4.4 pretty much the entire time. That was back in October sometime. Even though I have reported that WiFi and BT have been ok, they do disconnect randomly, enough that a rebooted and sometimes a reset is in order. My time with the phone in terms of toying with it has been limited for over a couple of months so I lived with the above issues.

I've been rooted a while but decided to flash the stock 4.3 and unroot. It's been 2 days and zero issues with WiFi discos. The N4 was re-paired with my cars BT so we'll see how long it goes until the phone "forgets" to connect.

Has anyone had similar issues?

It may not be 4.4 that caused the problem, it's just as likely that something you did while rooted was to blame.

I have no issues at all with the current Android build on the Nexus 4, less in fact than I had with earlier versions. If I were you I'd have re-flashed the standard 4.4 and unrooted to test rather than going back to 4.3; my bet would be that this would also have fixed whatever was causing the problem.

Upvote 0
Sorry for wasting your time guys, I think i found the problem as mentioned here; http://androidforums.com/nexus-4/835386-orange-bars.html

Not knowing what the orange bars actually mean, I assumed the colour meant I was connected. No. So I upgraded back to 4.4.2 and powered off, took out the SIM, re-inserted SIM and powered back on; White bars! 72Mbps connection (as oppossed to 65Mbps) and no discos yet. Feel like a noob but a happy one! :egg:

Reactions: John Bean
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones