• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4-5 week ship date, google charged card today?

I had originally been charged for the phone and was given the 7–8 week delivery estimate. The fact that I had been charged had me optimistic. However it was just a hold and the money was back in my account this morning. Now not so optimistic lol. Still hoping for no more than a 3 week wait. My atrix is really starting to fail...

Upvote 0
Received my email this morning that the Nexus 4 I ordered the day they put it back up for sale has shipped, was supposed to take 1-2 weeks to ship but looks like I'm getting it early.

No complaints from me! Just a little surprised that it is coming sooner than expected. Maybe they planned it this way, so now they can say they are exceeding expectations?????

I agree, all those weeks, and then it ships the same week? To exceed expectations they should be including free bumpers, or a $25 gift card to the play store Atleast! However, not a single peep from them! If this was Apple screwing up this much, it would be on the cover of Time Magazine.

Upvote 0
Interesting thing just happened. I ordered on Nov. 27th, and google put a "pending" charge on my account for the N4. I figured they would leave it pending and it would actually "post" to my account (and be billable through my card company) when they shipped my device.

Anyway a week later, today, I get a notification from my credit card company that there was a large purchase (I set up an alert for charges over $250) on my card. I log in to check my account and I can see that there are now two pending charges from google for my N4. I'm not sure if this is a good sign and they will be shipping my device soon (maybe the old charge will disappear and the new charge will be the one to post) or if a mistake was made. I was in the 2-3 week shipping range so I doubt that's the case though.

Upvote 0
Then when Google ships you product they will place the real charge on your card and it may once again show as pending for a day or so and then will become a true charge.

Ah, I see. This explains everything, I didn't see your post at first.

Update: Just received the shipment email with the tracking number. This is interesting since my original shipment estimate was 2-3 weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones