• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4.52" screen and 1.2ghz dual core

Wow, 4.52, but 800x480 resolution on 4.52 is a little bit of a let down. If only they go qHD instead of WVGA for the 4.52
I am hoping that the 1.2ghz Dual Core, is the Exynos processor, not the Qualcomm S3 processor.

Same size as the Infuse 4G I believe and all the reviews for that said the display was gorgeous so I wouldn't be too worried.

Upvote 0
Wow, 4.52, but 800x480 resolution on 4.52 is a little bit of a let down. If only they go qHD instead of WVGA for the 4.52
I am hoping that the 1.2ghz Dual Core, is the Exynos processor, not the Qualcomm S3 processor.

I'm fine with screen size as bezel around it is not so huge.
But like you, I also wonder what processor it is. I guess someone on attain forum found out it has exynos, so hopefully it's exynos not snapdragon s3. Running quadrant will reveal it as there is nearly 900~1000 difference from what I saw.

Upvote 0
I'm fine with screen size as bezel around it is not so huge.
But like you, I also wonder what processor it is. I guess someone on attain forum found out it has exynos, so hopefully it's exynos not snapdragon s3. Running quadrant will reveal it as there is nearly 900~1000 difference from what I saw.

According to the FCC it will be smaller than the Infuse. It will be 2mm less in height and width. Not a lot, but it helps.

Upvote 0
Same size as the Infuse 4G I believe and all the reviews for that said the display was gorgeous so I wouldn't be too worried.

I completely agree. I'm fine with it being 800x400 because my daily usage and viewing distance don't really rely on that high of a resolution anyways. Plus it outputs video at full HD so that's pretty cool.

Upvote 0
Good news on the processor.

I would have preferred the 4.3 screen size but I'll have to see the phone in person to find out if 4.5 is something I can live with. I just can't see myself holding a phone as big as the infuse to my face... it just seems way too big. I don't know why the measly .2" makes such a difference to me but it does.

Upvote 0
Now only 3 question left:

1. NFC?
2. What is the internal Rom space? Most likely 16GB (although a small chance of 8GB), but 32 GB as a higher price model would be nice.
3. Battery Size? The original SGS2 have a 1650mah battery, but size this is a bigger phone, maybe a 1700mah-1800mah range battery (one can hope)

Upvote 0
Now only 3 question left:
1. NFC?
2. What is the internal Rom space? Most likely 16GB (although a small chance of 8GB), but 32 GB as a higher price model would be nice.
3. Battery Size? The original SGS2 have a 1650mah battery, but size this is a bigger phone, maybe a 1700mah-1800mah range battery (one can hope)

Someone on BGR said it had an 1850mah battery, but I have no clue where they got that info..

Upvote 0
Have they released the full dimentions of the phone yet, or just screen size ad thickness?

I was absolutely going to get this phone as a 4.3 inch, which was already on the large side as far as I'm concerned. I am of the opinion that a 4 inch screen is perfect. With that said, if the bezal is small and thin enough then it may not be that much bigger than other 4.3 inch phones overall. After all, its the overall phone size that matters, not so much the screen.

If We knew the full demensions it would give me an idea.

I may just have to see it before ordering, or just pre order and return it within the 30 days if I can't live with the size.

Upvote 0
Have they released the full dimentions of the phone yet, or just screen size ad thickness?

I was absolutely going to get this phone as a 4.3 inch, which was already on the large side as far as I'm concerned. I am of the opinion that a 4 inch screen is perfect. With that said, if the bezal is small thin enough then it may not be at much bigger than other 4.3 inch phones.

If We knew the full demensions it would give us an idea.

I may just have to see it before ordering, or just pre order and return it within the 30 days if I can't live with the size.

Features and Specifications - Coming Soon! Samsung Galaxy S? II, Epic? 4G Touch | Samsung Mobile

Reactions: da man
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones