1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 4 digit Pin to unlock instead of swipe

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asif1, Apr 26, 2011.

1. asif1

asif1 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    Hi,

I've finally come into the 21st century by buying an Sumsung Galaxy Apollo GT-I5800 (running Android 2.1). Does anyone know of an app that will allow you to enter a 4 digit pin to unlock it instead of having to swipe it to awaken after a screen timeout? I'm not a big fan of the pattern lock. It seems such a simple app/function to have on the phone & can't believe it's not on there & it's getting mega frustration.:(

I've downloaded an app (Privacy Guard) that allows you enter a pin to access specific apps on the phone but not give you access to the phone itself out of sleep/timeout mode.

Please help. I've an application called market but can't seem to find a free app to provide such a simple function.

thanks
    A

Advertisement

2. barqers

barqers Android Expert
    None

Nov 5, 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong but, if you go into location & security, and then click "Set Unlock Screen" You should have an option for pin code, pattern, or password. Or is this just me since I installed a froyo ROM??

asif1 likes this.
  3. asif1

asif1 Lurker
    None

Apr 26, 2011
    There's no option for 'Set Unlock Screen' under the 'location & security' menu. There's 'set unlock patterm.'

I'm not sure how to install Froyo (Android 2.2). I'm not sure if I will loose all my contacts etc etc if I do.

Thanks

4. Craig12

Craig12 Member
    None

Jan 13, 2011