1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ironass, Dec 31, 2014.

1. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Raja Rao

Raja Rao Lurker

I understand that mobile devices coming with built in VoLTE feature does not require Data to be kept ON for making and receiving calls, which will conserve battery, whereas mobile devices with LTE but without VoLTE can use 4G voice calling offered by JIO but require Data to be kept ON continuously, which sucks battery.

Therefore I am looking for a software patch to enable VoLTE feature on Galaxy S5 duos model which is powered by snapdragon 801 processor since the 801 processor is having this feature in it.

3. ironass

In that case, you may do better posting in the Root - Samsung Galaxy S5 section of the forum as this thread is about the different s5 models.

4. reapr

reapr Lurker

i dont see my model.

SM-S903VL - 6.0.1
    Straight Talk
    S903VLUDU4APH3

Kernel: 3.4.0-8867563

5. ironass

It appears to be yet another carrier branded minority variant for a U.S.A. carrier, Straight Talk, (I believe, also TracFone & Net10). It is a CDMA model, (Verizon network), of the Galaxy S5 Neo, mentioned in post #1. Strange that its firmware does not appear on the usual Samsung download sites. I doubt that more than a few thousand of these phones were made for Straight Talk. Your Baseband indicates August 2016 firmware for Marshmallow.

#180 ironass, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  6. Supergus

Supergus Newbie

Hey I just checked it out as I also just bought the 903vl from straight talk. It's not a neo. Its got the qualcom chip which neo doesnt have. Also it has the charge cover flap, which neo also doesnt have. It's a galaxy s5. Under the batery it says 900v. The isn't really any info out there on the sm-s903vl yet.

7. ironass

The reason that it has a Qualcomm chip and not an Exynos one is that Exynos chips do not support CDMA modems and networks.

mydian likes this.
  8. xeca

xeca Lurker

hello,
    I have the AP G900FXXUIBOH4 CP G900FXXUIBOH4 CSC g900fproibohi, cannot find a marshmallow to match it.
    what can I do?
    this is a Belgium GSM sim free.
    thx

9. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums xeca!

Your model, G900F, is on CSC code PRO for Proximus, Belgium. Here is the OH4 firmware download...

Model SM-G900F
    Model name GALAXY S5
    Country Belgium (Proximus)
    Version Android 5.0
    Changelist 5508620
    Build date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:25:12 +0000
    Security Patch Level N/A
    Product code PRO
    PDA G900FXXU1BOH4
    CSC G900FPRO1BOH1

Happy New Year! :)

10. Xaing

Xaing Lurker

Anyone know where I can get an lcd replacement for the straight talk varient s5 (S902L)? The part number on the old one is AMS510CV01 and I can't find one anywhere, and the replacements I've found for other models like the 900A say they are not compatible, any ideas?

#185 Xaing, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  11. AnthonyB75

AnthonyB75 Lurker

I have a rooted S5 SM-G900V on 5.0. Baseband G900VVRU2BPB1 for verizon. I just switched to T-Mobile and most of the features work however is there a way to put T-Mobile firmware on it rooted or unrooted?
    TIA,

12. ironass

No. I am afraid that firmware for the T-Mobile (USA) GSM network is not compatible with the G900V model of Galaxy S5 for the old, obsolete, Verizon CDMA network. See #1.5 & #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

13. ironass

No. I am afraid that firmware for the T-Mobile (USA) GSM network is not compatible with the G900V model of Galaxy S5 for the old, obsolete, Verizon CDMA network. See #1.5 & #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

AnthonyB75 likes this.
  14. Xaing

Xaing Lurker

Or a good repair store?

15. ironass

mis-post

#190 ironass, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  16. ff9zidanegal

ff9zidanegal Lurker

Hello! I was researching rooting my Samsung Galaxy s5 phone and since I want to do this as safely and effectively as possible, I was wondering if I could get some help with this. I currently have the 6.x Marshmallow installed on my phone and I either wanted to downgrade back to 5 (before the security update) or root my phone. Here is the information:

AP: G900AUCS4DQD1
    CP: G900AUCS4DQD1
    CSC: G900AATT4DQD1

Any assistance and guidance is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you! :)

Edit: It's a tad late at night for me and I was reading the OP again and saw that my phone is unable to be rooted. Is this true? Am I not able to root my mobile? If this is the case, am I able to downgrade back down to 5.x firmware or what not so I don't have to deal with the awful security update?

#191 ff9zidanegal, Oct 26, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  17. ironass

Hello and welcome to Android Forums, ff9zidanegal :D

There does, "appear", to now be a possibility of rooting the AT&T hybrid version of the Galaxy S5, G900A, on Marshmallow. I cannot personally vouch for this method which is for competent and experienced users only. Proceed, after reading through the thread, at your own risk! ;)

Rooting the G900A

ff9zidanegal likes this.
  18. ff9zidanegal

ff9zidanegal Lurker

Thanks ironass! I appreciate the information. Do you happen to know how, if possible, I can downgrade to 5.x firmware before the security update?

19. ironass

It appears that there are a couple of earlier rollback firmwares in post #2 of the link I gave you previously. The problem with the AT&T model is that they do not update via Samsung or release their firmwares for flashing, unlike the normal, Samsung, Galaxy S5's. Couple that with the mega locked down bootloader of your AT&T model and it means that you have to rely on modded firmware, such as that mentioned.

20. Sooo, I was given this phone and it was updated to Marshmallow prior. According to Phone Info app it is SM-G900V.005, and I switched it from Verizon service to Straight Talk, so any bugfix updates aren't going to happen. Was hoping to root and switch to a stock Samsung ROM, but doesn't look like that will happen, any advice?

21. ironass

I am afraid that the Verizon's minority variant of the Galaxy S5, G900V, has long ago reached the end of the road as far as stock updates or rooting is concerned. Verizon spent a lot of time and effort to ensure that their phones would be obsolete once they ceased to offer updates.

#196 ironass, Jul 15, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  22. oconpj18

oconpj18 Lurker

Hey all sorry for the noob question but I just want to be absolutely sure about this before I make a purchase. I've been running the AT&T branded Galaxy s5 mini SM-G800A for almost 2 years now but in that time it's been through the wars and needing replacement. Am I correct in my understanding that I should have no trouble replacing it with any international spec SM-G800F and activating and using all features on any GSM carrier here in the US? So basically the SM-G800F should function and perform just like my current SM-G800A just without the AT&T boot animation?

23. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Usually international F models will not have to correct bands to fully operate on US Carriers.
    You can check here.
    https://willmyphonework.net

oconpj18 and ironass like this.
  24. oconpj18

oconpj18 Lurker

Ugh boo :( It looks like it will work on everything but 4g/LTE (only the most important, no big deal :rolleyes:)

So are there other versions from odd world markets I should keep an eye out for or am I stuck with the US-spec carrier branded "A"-suffix model?

25. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

If you are going to stick with US GSM and the S5, it's going to be a AT&T or T-Mobile version. I gave up on Samsung phones after the S5.

ironass likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews