• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

46" Sony GTV, would you buy?

chimphappyhour

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010
KCMO
A bit of background, I haven't owned a tv since the big digi switch over here in the US. I usually entertain myself on my laptop by either watching movies on DVD, Blu-ray or Netflix. I was recently in my local Best Buy and they had the 46" Sony GTV for less than $800 if I remember right. Would this be a good buy?

What I plan on using it for: General consumption of movies as described above (on more than a 17" screen), probably also web surfing since it does that, who knows what else since I'm not too familiar with all of the apps.

I won't be getting cable since the only channel I really care about is so far up the tier ladder that it is astronomical. I don't really see myself watching much in the way of regular tv.

Would you do it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones