• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*#*#4636#*#* gone with official froyo

I noticed that this does not work anymore. I really liked the battery info part besides switching the CDMA/GMS thing. I loaded the app spair parts and it got me to the info, but I watched my battery get sucked down using it. I guess because it was using android. Anyone know how to get this short cut back, without using an android app?

I was looking to go change my PRL (Force Roaming) like I was doing prior to the update when I'm at work..And ##775# is no longer working. Does anyone know of an alternative method to get into the screen to manually update your PRL. Searching for a signal is KILLING my battery when I'm at work... REALLY Baddd!

Thanks in Advance

Upvote 0
Hey EarlyMon, heh, sorry.. once again. I just d/l the network app. How exactly does this app improve battery performance, is it disabling signal searching ? What is the correct setting to check, and will this void the warrany somehow (i know, im paranoid).

wut? lol the app itself doesn't improve battery performance. if you're on GSM then you can change it to CDMA which should improve battery life but i'm thinking this should already be CDMA for everyone.

Upvote 0
Just wondering why these 2 threads were merged even though the issues are different?? ##775# and *#*#4636#*#* are 2 different hacks. Network does not provide the ability to change the PRL as Early Mon already pointed out..If thats the case change the name of the thread to Codes/Hacks no longer working on Sprint Evo just in case someone figures out a resolution to the ##775# hack...

Upvote 0
On an interesting side note, I cannot get the Network application to run correctly on my evo. Everytime i'm in the app, i press menu and select "select radio band", and, when i do that, an error message comes up saying "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Here's the interesting part. When holding my phone sideways when running the app, once it force-closes, my sensu UI, is horizontal. It's all funky looking, but it works kind of. however this doesn't last long. weird! lol

Upvote 0
On an interesting side note, I cannot get the Network application to run correctly on my evo. Everytime i'm in the app, i press menu and select "select radio band", and, when i do that, an error message comes up saying "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again".

Here's the interesting part. When holding my phone sideways when running the app, once it force-closes, my sensu UI, is horizontal. It's all funky looking, but it works kind of. however this doesn't last long weird! lol
I am having the same problem. Any fixes?

Upvote 0
I noticed that this does not work anymore. I really liked the battery info part besides switching the CDMA/GMS thing. I loaded the app spair parts and it got me to the info, but I watched my battery get sucked down using it. I guess because it was using android. Anyone know how to get this short cut back, without using an android app?

Whats wrong with using an app? You can use anycut from the market to put a shortcut to the testing screen directly on one of your homescreens. Its simple, download anycut> open and select new shortcut> select activity> scroll waay down to "testing" and select> name it whatever you wish (I just stuck with testing)> presto! now you have a direct shortcut to phone info/battery info/battery history/usage stats/wifi info.

I dont know what ##775# does considering ive never heard of that hidden dialer menu before, but if it has an activity name like the testing screen, then anycut can probably create a shortcut to that one too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones