1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G/3G toggle control app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gloriousnumber1, Apr 19, 2012.

1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Android Expert

Is there an app that is kind of like Juice Defender, but instead of shutting off all data when the screen shuts off, it switches to 3G, thus saving battery but keeping data on?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

3. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

I'm willing to bet that having an app that would monitor the screen and constantly switch between the radios would use more power than would be gained by not using 4G during that off time.

4. gloriousnumber1

Well that is quite unfortunate. Is it too much to ask for a phone battery on my Rezound that consistently only drains at most 4% per hour even with varying signals and keeping 4G on, with light usage? Sometimes my extended battery does that sometimes but other times it is way worse.

5. Amaroth

Amaroth Android Enthusiast

I guess that would be relative to how much u keep turning on the screen just to stare at the beauty

6. gloriousnumber1

7. andr01d

andr01d Android Enthusiast

Don't play Words with Friends on it... we'll have to stare at the pretty Rezound screen even longer :D

8. chknhwk

chknhwk Android Enthusiast

I use 4G toggle but my phone doesn't seem to want to turn 4G back on after I select LTE.

9. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

what is the *#xxxx#* number to toggle networks? having trouble finding the thread I know it is posted in

10. TrooperThorn

TrooperThorn Member

*#*#4636*#*#

NightAngel79 likes this.

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews