• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Calling Plan Prices

tcpshop

Lurker
Dec 25, 2009
Ok so we all know or speculate that the data plan prices will most likey stay the same at 30/month for the Thunderbolt.

How about the actual Calling Plan? When I spoke to the Verizon Rep they didn't know but he did say that if your on a Family Plan that the Plan would change to a 4G plan??? I just don't see them raising the calling plan prices but does someone know anymore on this issue???

Thanks

Ok so we all know or speculate that the data plan prices will most likey stay the same at 30/month for the Thunderbolt.

How about the actual Calling Plan? When I spoke to the Verizon Rep they didn't know but he did say that if your on a Family Plan that the Plan would change to a 4G plan??? I just don't see them raising the calling plan prices but does someone know anymore on this issue???

Thanks

Like I said in the other thread. 4g has not been rolled out Nationwide. How would they be able to charge you for a service they don't even know if you have access to? Until they roll it out to the majority, I see the data and voice plans staying the same. That would be like Comcast charging everyone for 20mbs of service but only 5% of their customers have access to it. Until it's rolled out to the masses, expect it to remain at the same price. Just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0
I agree but just checking.... We all know that Verizon knows this information why don't they just tell you when the question is asked.....

Thanks for your input!

If it helps, I got the same run around. I was calling to try and get my Renew every 2 moved up for the Thunderbolt and they just gave me a $25.00 credit towards my anuall upgrade. I asked about pricing and was told they didn't have any info yet. She did say the data rate was introductory only at $29.99. YMMV

Upvote 0
Like I said in the other thread. 4g has not been rolled out Nationwide. How would they be able to charge you for a service they don't even know if you have access to? Until they roll it out to the majority, I see the data and voice plans staying the same. That would be like Comcast charging everyone for 20mbs of service but only 5% of their customers have access to it. Until it's rolled out to the masses, expect it to remain at the same price. Just my 2 cents.

Same way Sprint does...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones