1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 4G causing internet to drop

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 00grimy, Jan 21, 2014.

1. 00grimy

00grimy Newbie
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    Im starting to notice everytime my browser becomes non-responsive or times out it says 4G at the top. 3G does not seem to ever have issues. This is a bit confusing. Software problem? Network problem?

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Carrier problem. They may have their gateway for 4G set up incorrectly, so when you switch to 4G your APN becomes meaningless. Is the 4G access fairly new in your area?

Take the phone into them and ask them what they're smoking. (Seriously, be more polite than that - but I could get rich on the stuff they're setting the network up with.)

3. 00grimy

00grimy Newbie
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    I think you're right, I have the Virgin and I'm in metro detroit, which shows zero service anywhere on the sprint map within 30 miles of my location. So I don't get why it's trying to pick up a signal. I can say occasionally it worked with 4g on. I have since disabled it in the system settings>wireless & networks> mobile networks>4g settings>network mode //changed to CDMA., and haven't seen any lagging connection problems since.

4. highestgrade

highestgrade Newbie
    None

Dec 7, 2013
    Male
    The Boonies
    Ditto, I live in the Boonies of Nebraska (3g) and when I go into Omaha I have an inconsistent 4g signal, but even when I do the data does not work. Rukbat is correct, carrier problem seeing as most Sprint LTE markets are new. I was told by customer service that updating your APN/MSID should fix the problem.