• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4g competing with wifi

itri4ever

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
I have had my Samsung galaxy s skyrocket for about a month now. When I first got it my 4g would automatically shut off and connect with my wireless router in my home. Now for the last week or so my 4g never shuts off even when it is connect with the wifi. The problem arises when I try and use any app that utilizes the internet. Both the 4g and wifi compete with each other and ultimately stop each other from connecting. I can't use the internet unless I manually turn off the wifi and just use the 4g. Any suggestions?

What about deleting your WiFi pairing then re-introducing it?

This....

Also, it sounds like you leave wifi on at all times. This I'd not only a huge battery drain but your wifi will try and connect to any network that carries the same name as your home router.

Regardless...this issue typically resides in a bad connection to the router.

The only thing that should override that connection should be tethering and mms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones