• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4g connectivity issues. in LA

JayItaliano

Lurker
Jun 26, 2011
So I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and overall I absolutely love it, but one thing has been getting on my nerves ..

I live and work in LA, which should be a very strong 4g area yet I've noticed it will lock itself into 4g without a connection.. it shows the outgoing arrow working away but nothing incoming, I'm not even complaint about that though.. it won't drop down into 3g so I can atleast continue browsing the web or continue using Google maps when I really need it. :mad:

Anyone have this issue? If so do you have a resolution?

So I've had the Thunderbolt since launch and overall I absolutely love it, but one thing has been getting on my nerves ..

I live and work in LA, which should be a very strong 4g area yet I've noticed it will lock itself into 4g without a connection.. it shows the outgoing arrow working away but nothing incoming, I'm not even complaint about that though.. it won't drop down into 3g so I can atleast continue browsing the web or continue using Google maps when I really need it. :mad:

Anyone have this issue? If so do you have a resolution?

switch to 3g for about a minute then switch back

Reactions: JayItaliano
Upvote 0
I'm in LA and have had this same issue since day 1. It seemed to help a bit when I flashed the new MR2 rom (unrooted), but I still get that "locked up arrow" no service 4G quite a lot. Also have the problem of not connecting to any data for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time when 4G is sort of available but it can't get a signal - usually have to use the forced "restart connections" button to get it to cycle through and get a 1x and then 3G data signal again.

I have generally like the Thunderbolt as a phone (coming from an EVO it was mainly just a bit faster), but the radio on this phone (or maybe the LTE/eHPRD network) is not ready for prime time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones