• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 4g faster at 1-2bars then full

iown

Feb 7, 2012
Ok so my 4g just plain out sucks!! i get like 500kbs on 1bar and like 1mbs with 2bars. Ok yeah so far so good but no when i get full bars its about like 300kbs why is this? I see tons of people that post their speed tests and they get like 3mbps and it makes me furious:mad:. Does anyone know whats causing this or is this a solution? Could it be my phone? And i have rooted and all that stuff and it stays the same i wasnt expecting a difference anyways rofl and then i unrooted and still the same.

fuzzy are you sure because say when i have data enabled i get like 2 bars then when i turn it off and theres no data and such it increases a bar. are you sure their just not 2 separate things? Because usually people that have more bars get better speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones