1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General 4G in Amarillo Texas?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FrancisJ, Jul 10, 2013.

1. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

Are we getting LTE soon? All morning my phone been showing 4G symbol. I thought note 2 doesn't have 4G radio? Does that mean we getting LTE?

Advertisement

2. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Which Note 2 are you talking about, pretty sure they all have 4G though.

3. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

Sprint Galaxy Note 2. Guess I should have specified that huh

4. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

yay. i guess its late summer now!!

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

your sprint note 2 does have 4g lte so yes you should/will be getting lte at some point if not already. curious do you get any signal with 4g?

6. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Well there's a bit of LTE with strong signal on Sensorly there in what im guessing is Downtown

7. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

I know it has 4G LTE but my phone just says 4G not LTE. They sprint guys told me the phone doesn't have a 4g radio. Just 3G and 4G LTE. I'm guessing they are still working on it because its been jumping from 3G to 4G last 2 days now. and Yes i do live by downtown which has been the only place i get 4G signal so for. Its back to 3G at work. But at least they seem to be working on it since i was planning on switching to verizon when my contract is up.

8. ocnbrze

4g is just a term. it means 4th generation and nothing else. there are different types of 4g tech. sprint originally went with wimax as their 4g technology, but they went with the better and more reliable lte technology later on. your phone will show 4g and not lte because they are the same thing.

so if you are seeing 4g then that is great for you.....congrats!!!!!!

FrancisJ likes this.
  9. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

Verizon phones says 4G LTE. Are you telling me Sprint 4G LTE only says 4G?

10. ocnbrze

correct....i have the htc evo 4g lte and when i have 4g it will show 4g......it just depends on the phone and carrier as to how they want to show the signal.

FrancisJ likes this.
  11. Gman9831

Gman9831 I'm no Senior

Just depends on the phone but even though it only says 4G it means LTE so it doesnt even make a difference. Couldnt put it any better than this.

ocnbrze and FrancisJ like this.
  12. FrancisJ

FrancisJ Newbie

Ok i see. Thx alot guys!

ocnbrze likes this.