1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 4G in NYC ??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rocky s., Jun 15, 2011.

1. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Hey, I was running around in the big apple yesterday for the first time since getting my t-bolt and I noticed a full-bars 3G signal all day. So, is there really no 4G in the city that never sleeps...or am I one of the lucky ones with the dreaded 3G - 4G hand-off issues? Could it be that a certain congressman had to do those famous tweets at 3G speeds? :D Sorry if those of you in New York have discussed data speeds all before, but not being from there I probably didn't take notice.

Otherwise, seems all very quiet in MR2 update land today doesn't it? Maybe it will come tomorrow - seems like Thursday is new activity day for Verizon and I seem to remember that the last update went live on May 12. And we all know how well that worked out for most of us! ;)

Advertisement

2. willdogs

willdogs Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    ALL Of NYC and about 100 Miles in all directions around NYC have 4G service. Either you have hand-off issues or you set your phone to use 3G only and forgot about it.

3. rocky s.

rocky s. Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 4, 2010

I certainly thought (and feared) that would be the case. It seems that as I drove to NYC from PA. through the morning I could go in and out of 4G areas and my phone would do the appropriate switching. But then when I was in NYC all day, it stayed at 3G. Go figure. Oh well, guess I'll just place that on the list with the other things I'm waiting for MR2 to correct on this device. Thanks for the confirmation!