1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G loss after battery discharged

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joshswlms, Jun 25, 2013.

1. joshswlms

joshswlms Lurker

This morning my alarm came on and would not turn off after being dismissed. To keep from waking my wife I quickly popped the back open and removed the battery. Well last night before going to bed I kept getting Facebook notifications so I turned off the LTE so that I wouldn't have to silence my phone for work. When I put the battery back into the phone the 4G has never come back on. The phone is now stuck in EVDO and in the phone status it says "Mobile network type: EvDo-rev.A:8 instead of LTE. Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this issue? I have tried turning the LTE switch on and off with no success. It just keeps turning off the EvDo and turning it back on.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello and welcome to the forums, josh. :)

That sounds like a situation that needs a hard factory data reset. But first try removing the SIM and sd cards, as well as the battery, then put it all back and reboot.

If that does not fix it:

Turn off your ZTE Flash. Press Volume UP + POWER ON.
    All data will be lost! If the recovery menu does not appear unlock ZTE Avid password using emergency dial-up pad and input Password reset code:

You can reset your ZTE Avid device's password: Turn off your phone, then turn it on. Select emergency dial. Input *983*987# in emergency dial-up pad. It will restore factory settings and your personal data will be erased.

Reset Your ZTE N9120 Phone from menu
    The Factory data reset option erases all data on your phone and restores it to original factory settings. The data removed from the phone includes your Google Account, all system and app data and settings, and all downloaded apps.

1. Touch HOME > APPS > Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset.

2. Touch Reset phone.

If you want to remove all data saved to an installed microSD card, click the Erase SD card check box before touching Reset phone.

3. Touch Erase everything and then follow the prompts to confirm the reset.

After a reset you have to set up your phone again, follow the onscreen instructions to set it up.

3. joshswlms

joshswlms Lurker

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was so afraid that I was going to have to go purchase a new phone all together. You're the best!!! :D :D :D

4. GTurn

GTurn Android Enthusiast

Did you already do this? I may have a much easier way.

ZTE Avid 4G Forum

The ZTE Avid 4G release date was December 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1730mAh battery.

December 2012
Release Date
Reviews