1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

General 4G LTE Ann Arbor Michigan!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pakman134, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Eris1981

Eris1981 Android Enthusiast

Advertisement

2. pakman134

pakman134 Newbie

3. hippofisher

hippofisher Lurker

you can. go to your phone type in

*#*#4636#*#*

that will bring up a hidden menu. then select phone information, scroll down and select LTE only from the drop down menu

4. halo0

halo0 Member

any maps for this yet? I'm wondering how far the coverage extends out. As in is Dexter covered?

5. bronc

bronc Newbie

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

type in an address and it'll tell you. It only shows the map if the address has 4g available, so if you just want to see the map type in someplace like 200 south main ann arbor mi 48104 and scroll around.

Looks like dexter is only partially covered.

6. halo0

halo0 Member

Thanks, for some reason it wouldn't recognize my address even though I'm within the coverage area.

Tested it out at the store on Jackson today. Not too impressive. Speeds ranged from 5-12MBps. Tried it on all 3 phones.

7. jmz768

jmz768 Android Enthusiast

They've added something because the dead spots in downtown Plymouth are gone. I'm fully covered by 4G, even when in my condo.

8. halo0

halo0 Member

Which phone do you have and what speeds do you typically see?

I wish they had a 4G phone I wanted right now. I would cancel the contract I just started with AT&T and keep my VZW line alive.

9. Keyser-Soze

Keyser-Soze Member

It just came on in East Lansing too (go state!), though for the past two days it's been flipping between 1x and 4g a bit too much.

10. sc4fpse

sc4fpse Newbie

Downtown East Lansing and on MSU's campus it was really spotty last week. However, in downtown Lansing and up near Chandler Crossings it's absolutely flawless. Got a speedtest of 40.5/4.0 the other day. :eek: But like you said, in downtown East Lansing it's on and off. I kept having to toggle the mobile network on campus, and half the time it would throw me onto 1X. Hopefully they'll get that sorted out soon. I'm sure there are a lot of people in town today for U2 who aren't going to be too happy with it.

Come to think of it... I might venture downtown to see if I can do some speedtests on an undoubtedly stressed network. :D