1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support 4G LTE service (or 3G)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Optimus_User, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    So, 3G has been rolling out to random households across Florida, but MetroPCS was not scheduled to release 3G. Is that a sign that the company is in the progress of upgrading all of their service to 4G LTE? If so, will everyone receive an upgrade in service? Or will only the people with the Craft and Indulge witness the better data plan? My phone, the Optimus M, is only 3G capable, will I be stuck at 1x or will it upgrade to 3G when everything is said and down with?

-Me

Advertisement

2. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Male
    Arborist (tree man)
    Miami, FL
    Nobody really knows but metropcs.

All the community really knows is that a prl update was pushed in a few cities. Don't know why, and metro wont tell.

Even members of the forum with the huawei ascend and other 3g phones have been reporting prl updates.

Either way, metro 4glte is really 3gpp so I'm actually quite surprised nobody thought of trying a prl update in hopes of finding 3g signal before the mystery update happened.

3. new optimus

new optimus Android Expert
    None

Mar 10, 2011
    Jax Fl
    I have seen several people with the indulge update to 3020 prl and they have 3g to fall back to when 4g is out, or they are conserving battery.

Tags: