• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Well, I can finally see AT&T's 4G LTE speeds in Austin. We were added to the list of cities. I just ran a speed test and saw my download speed as 6737 kbps (HSDPA network). Is that a reasonable 4G LTE speed?

From my experience with speed testing my 4G, I would definitely say that is right around average! Hope you're enjoying those faster speeds.

Upvote 0
Thanks, Jess. Someone else on another forum said the Infuse is not capable of taking advantage of LTE speeds. I thought the phone was ready for it. Now I wonder...

LOL it is not capable. But, since you are in a city where there is lte, everyone wants phones with lte so there will be few people on the hspa network. This then allows you to get pretty high speeds.

Reactions: Egidio
Upvote 0
LOL it is not capable. But, since you are in a city where there is lte, everyone wants phones with lte so there will be few people on the hspa network. This then allows you to get pretty high speeds.

^^^ What he said... The Infuse is not capable of LTE speeds, i feel tricked by AT&Ts 4G hspa+(FauxG). Your network is probably just freed up a little as most are probably on the LTE network. I have never seen or used AT&Ts LTE network but i read from trustworthy sources that when the network was brand new and only a few people on it, speeds were on average 50Mb, with a one time max of 65Mb. But now that there are more people on it, it seems to average about 15-20Mb. Which is pretty pathetic, because Verizon has millions of customers on LTE (WAY more than AT&T) and they are also getting 15-20Mb download speeds. Which is why i plan on jumping ship from AT&T to Verizon when i get my tax return. And i've been with AT&T for 8 years now. But i'm sick of the slow and shoddy their network is, and i'm paying more than my Verizon buddies... PHEW end of rant. Sorry and thank you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones