1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 4g lte....wow!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jennay22, Aug 1, 2011.

1. jennay22

jennay22 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    I was away with the kids visiting my folks last week. I do not have 4G service where I live, but my parents do (right outside Wash DC). I love my phone with just 3G, but I couldn't believe how much more awesome this phone got with 4G. I've had my TB since March and I've gone up to visit my folks many times before, but for some reason, 4G on my phone seemed shotty. I would lose connection all the time and would always just switch my phone to 3G only. I just downloaded the latest update last week (prior to which my phone was just stock) and didn't really see a major difference in performance. I turn on 4G when I get to my parents house and start playing with my phone and it does great. It didn't loose connection overnight either like it always did before....it didn't lose connection at all while I was there. HBO GO on 4G is great and the best thing out of all of this was that my Navigation GPS connection was lighting FAST! It only took 1 sec to start up. The update must've fixed it because I used the GPS in 4G and in 3G Richmond and both times it was instant connection. I did use GPS Status to help prior to the update, but it still took 30-40 seconds to connect. I've never seen my phone navigation connect in 1 second. I'm now extremely jealous of all of you who do have 4G and can't wait for it to reach us here in SW VA. I really love this phone, always have!!

Advertisement

McLabia likes this.
  2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Male
    Law Enforcement
    Staten Island, NY
    Glad you got to experience the full power of the dark siiii, ehhhh, the phone... Everyone loves 4G well, except mr. battery.

3. jennay22

None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    Oh, I DID notice that (even with my extended battery) but it still lasted all day.

4. ThunderLips

None

Aug 1, 2011
    It helps for sure

5. iron mongoose

iron mongoose Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    i was in fresno today i tried 4G went from .02 to 6.2 dowload .04 to 4.8 upload using speed test matter of months and ill be flying on the net

6. jennay22

None

Apr 19, 2010
    VA
    I just checked my data usage for this billing cycle which I'm only 7 days into and I'm already at 1.58 GB :eek:!!!! The most I've ever used is just a little over 2 GB using 3G. I use wifi a lot which helps, but I guess those 4 days in 4G richness used up a decent amt of data (in my eyes). Those who get a 4G phone and are able to get 4G and on tiered plans are in for a big surprise.

7. milan03

milan03 Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    New York City
    I can't be more happy with my ThunderBolt experience as well. Aside from the battery life, which we all knew about before we bought the phone, having unlimited LTE and unlimited Tethering is just unbelievable deal. No provider in the world will offer you up to 60mbps on a mobile device without the data allotments or rate limits.
    Here is what I'm seeing in NYC on an open sector: ‪ThunderBolt 4G LTE 56mbps SpeedTest‬‏ - YouTube