1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G Ohh BoY!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kbrn, Feb 9, 2011.

1. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast

I went to Tampa FL. Today and there's 4G so I turned on my 4G antenna and enjoyed some of it's goodness.. at least I finally can say that my 10 extra bucks for premium data are worth it lol..

[​IMG]

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TViddy

TViddy Lurker

Lucky you. I live in Northern California Bay Area and I seldom get 4G. I don't even know why I pay the extra 10 bucks a month for 4G when it doesnt work. :mad:

3. kbrn

kbrn Android Enthusiast

Hey I'm like 12 miles away from the 4G signal I just happen to remember that Tampa has 4G so don't feel so bad .. actually it was just almost where the signal ends that's why I got only 2000ish download speeds..

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

It's post-January 29 - all smartphones with data plans are now charged the $10 premium - 4G phone or not.

5. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Android Expert

Because the $10 charge isn't for 4g. It is for premium data meaning you have no caps on either 3g or 4g and can surf, download, stream, sync and what not till you're blue in the face without fear of overages or throttling.

BenChase7 likes this.
  6. thathrill

thathrill Newbie

I am in houston and tried 4g for the first time and its crazy fast. couldn't believe it. too bad I do not get it at home.

7. De Geft

De Geft Newbie

yes tampa gots good 4g:)

8. secureone

secureone Lurker

plantation florida right next to tower with 4g
    [​IMG]

9. en0x

en0x Lurker

Boston :) I know that we have a tower somewhere here lol but I don't know how far away i'm from it

[​IMG]

10. vagilik

vagilik Newbie

If you go to Clear.com and put your address in the coverage area it will tell you where the nearest tower is. Sprint uses Clearwire 4G so that's where the info is pulled from

HTC EVO Shift 4G Forum

The HTC EVO Shift 4G release date was January 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

January 2011
Release Date
Reviews