1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

4g phone now 3g?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by kurt00000, Jan 1, 2012.

1. kurt00000

kurt00000 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    Hi i am new here and i currently bought MetroPCS's phone called the android Galaxy Indulge, i am on the 4g plan but currently it says i have 3g network on my notification bar. It was 4g this morning and droped to 1x in the after noon so what i did was update my PRL and now its 3026, but now its 3g O.O I took out the 4 g sim card and put it back in but still 3G, i really want my 4g Signal back Please Help :((

Advertisement

2. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Typically this would indicate issues with your provider. When Verizon's LTE has issues, I get exactly what you describe. When the outage is done, I get 4G back.

I'm assuming you've tried a reboot? I find toggling AIRPLANE MODE will often get back a better signal.

3. kurt00000

kurt00000 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2012
    yeah i DLed the app that turns off signals ( like airplane mode) do you think i downgraded my coverage? is that even possible? 4g to go down 3g and stays 3g forever?

4. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

I guess it is POSSIBLE that you downloaded some app that wasn't exactly for your phone and you ... messed up ... a setting somewhere.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

5. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 10, 2011
    It's a provider issue. Contact MetroPCS.

6. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 20, 2010
    Female
    Occupational Health Advisor
    Kildare, Ireland
    strength of 'G' normally depends on out put capability from the cell tower irrespective of what capacity the phone has. If you are normally within a 4g area and signal changes that is normally a provider issue as already said. Also your signal type will change depending on signal coverage is available in your area so if you are moving around and finding a pattern about areas that could be the cause.