1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

4G phone with composite output similar to Incredible?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by nyycavo24, Jan 5, 2012.

1. nyycavo24

nyycavo24 Lurker
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    I've been looking around for something like this for a while, and now that more 4G phones are starting to roll out and my contract is up, its time to make a move.

6 months ago I put a Pioneer 4200DVD into my car...we make tons of long road trips, so I wanted something that we could watch movies on during those trips. The 4200DVD has composite cable input on the back to hook up a DVD player OR any other auxiliary video source.

The cell phone was sort of the future master piece I was hoping would complete this ultimate puzzle. I want to be able to use my phone to watch movies and EVENTUALLY live TV (through the NFL or MLB apps on 4G one day, or Netflix)..or even navigation for that matter.

I currently have the Droid 1, but this thing is about to explode, so I need to know what phones can do this and I don't trust that anyone at the Verizon Store could actually tell me.

What phones can help me do this AND how? Through the mini USB? Through the 3.5mm jack? Through the HDMI (heard composite won't work with this one without converter)?

Should the phone be rooted for some special app? Help!

Advertisement

2. mt2525

mt2525 Newbie
    None

Jun 8, 2010
    I see no one has answered your post. I am in the same boat. Back in 2009 and 2010 I had a windows phone that had composite out and it plugged into my in dash kenwood all in one gps/am/fm/i-pod/xm system and my phone had an app that played my tv using my slingbox on it and I could use the a/v out of the phone to watch tv on it. The picture wasn't that good due to the resolution of the touch screen of the kenwood but it was neat. Well in June 2010 I got the much anticipated Evo and lost the composite out. I have been with sprint for a long time so at the time I decided I rather have the Evo than switch carriers (Verizon) to get the Incredible....which to date is still the only phone that I found to have composite video out.....and stay with Sprint. Now I just got a new Ford Edge with all the bells and whistles and it has a composite video in and a much better display. I think I will try this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA07R07D8135&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle3&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle3-_-Accessories+-+Wireless-_-Fosmon-_-9SIA07R07D8135 I know it will need an external power source so I have an inverter to supply power to it. I will let you know how this works out as I hope to use the hdmi out of my evo into this box and composite out to my Edge's screen.