1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G Play Store Super Slow Downloads

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rs98, Dec 19, 2012.

1. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

On my HTC Evo V, I have noticed that when downloading apps from the Play Store via 4G, the downloads are ridiculously slow. They go at about 0.05 MB per two seconds. I know it's not a connection issue because I have about 14 MBPS 4G downloads speeds in my area. Have anyone of you guys experienced such problems? If so, how did you fix them? I really do not want to root because my sister did and bricked her phone. Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

I have never seen this issue before, try switching to 3G and see if your speeds improve. As for your sisters phone please report on what exactly is going on, these phones are really next to impossible to brick.

3. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

I tried 3G and it seems to work much faster. I've read in some places that this is a sprint problem, but those threads were very old. As for my sister's phone, she actually had an optimus and it keeps on resetting after being turned on.

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

It might actually be the play store, in the past both the play store and YouTube had issues with 4G on different versions of the app.

5. rs98

rs98 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. I did used to have problems streaming over 4G on YouTube. I guess I'll have to wait for a good update from the Play store that fixes this. Thanks for the help

6. lEquin0xl

lEquin0xl Android Enthusiast

Yea should be that, I have poor 4G signal in my house and I still download at 3-5mbps.