1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G problems on lg connect

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ReZ RaIDeN, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ReZ RaIDeN

ReZ RaIDeN Lurker

so i couldnt pay my bill on time this last month so they shut my phone off til i could pay, no big deal, but after i paid my bill today i noticed im not getting 4G, im only getting 1X ive tried restarting my phone, ive tried putting it in airplane mode then taking it off, ive tried flashing a different rom, ive tried dialing *228 and updating the PRL, but nothing has worked, ive tried running a speed test, but it says im getting my normal 4g speeds, but yet when i access the browser or even the play store, it is nowhere near 4G, so any suggestions?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. EagerestWolf

EagerestWolf Android Enthusiast

Go to the Metro store and explain the issue and show them the message you received. Unfortunately for you, it sounds like it is an issue on their end that to be honest a dev prolly couldn't even fix. Sorry, I know that prolly not the answer you wanted, but that seems to be the only logical solution.

3. ReZ RaIDeN

ReZ RaIDeN Lurker

any answer is better then none, but i never received any kind of message im just not getting any 4G whatsoever its just on 1X

4. EagerestWolf

My mistake. I misread the message. I still think it is something on Metro's end and not your phone.

5. ReZ RaIDeN

ReZ RaIDeN Lurker

yeah i was on the phone with a guy from metro, but got hung up on twice now, so im just saying screw it for tonight, and ill call them tomorrow, i think it mightve been me that dropped the call though cuz we have some high winds and everything moving through right now, but i just didnt know if maybe the lady that charged my account screwed something up or what, but yeah im only receiving 1X not even 3G, just 1x everywhere i go, its pretty annoying, if i dont get ahold of metro tomorrow then ill def have to go up to the store and see whats going on, but wont they say something about my phone being rooted? im running #2

6. EagerestWolf

The reason you aren't getting 3G is because in Metro's 4G LTE markets, for some reason, they tend not to have 3G that the 4G phones can pick up. At least this is the case in Philadelphia, my options are 4G or 1x.

7. They have no reason to say anything about your root access unless it's a warranty related issue. But that will most likely be the FIRST thing they blame your problem on instead of having to look up your service info. My suggestion would be to go to MetroPCS and do a live chat with a rep, they are WAY more useful than anybody in a corporate store.

Alternatively, the admins on the official Facebook page are pretty helpful too, but I'd recommend posting a request for help earlier in the day. Don't bother calling customer service, you'll get nowhere. Go to a corporate store (not auth dealer) as a last resort hahaha... Trust me, online help from them is the best way :D

LG Connect 4G Forum

The LG Connect 4G release date was February 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

February 2012
Release Date
Reviews