• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PDConner

Jun 11, 2011
I see where AT&T announced they have the phone and will be selling it soon.. (Samsung Galaxy S2) can I ask a dumb question.. I have had mine for a few months not and love it but... I see the new phone doesnt have the home button on it like mine does (I love the home button) but they said it is 4G.... Is my phone I have now 4G... Just curious.. thanks everyone

Reactions: 3waygeek
Well, the SGS2 is what AT&T calls "4G" in that it works on AT&T's HSPA+ network. I'm averaging around 4 Mbps downstream, but have gotten 7+ Mbps on occasion. Upstream speeds are around 1 Mbps.

My understanding is that the AT&T version of the SGS2, to be introduced sometime this month, will also be HSPA+ only; a LTE-friendly version may come later. The international LTE version of the SGS2, just announced by Samsung, would probably work on AT&T's LTE network.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones