1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G Results? Speedtest.net -- slow??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thatguy188, Sep 8, 2011.

1. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

Alright, so 4G being totally new to me, one of the first things I had to do with my new Bionic was check Speedtest.net App on 4G connection (Charleston, SC). The results were rather shocking ... as its terribly slow?

I had 3 bars on 4G LTE with these results:

Test Date: Sep 8, 2011 3:02:53 pm
    Connection Type: Lte
    Server: Columbia, SC
    Download: 241 kbps
    Upload: 6047 kbps

Ping: 94 ms

Yikes :eek:

Is there some kind of setting I can check or something? lol.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Android Expert

I would guess that it will improve.

3. rocket97

rocket97 Guest

I did mine and I got 25Mb down and 12Mb up, You can select which server you want to connect to, may want to try a different city.

4. thatguy188

Hopefully soon, lol. I just did another test (1 1/2 hours later) with same results :eek:

5. Vehtemas

Vehtemas Android Expert

I got 10 down and 9 up in the middle of the city...

6. thatguy188

good for you people, that doesn't help me :p LOL. Is there a setting I could check or something or it should work out the box? Ill try with different cities.

7. thatguy188

Ok so I've done 3 more tests .... they all suck :eek::thinking:

Should I place a nice call to VZW? :p

Thanks!

8. dropnbassonu

dropnbassonu Member

I got 32.04 Mbps down, 9.54 Mbps up, 126 Ping on my 4G in the Winston Salem, NC area.....

9. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert

Those look more like 3G speeds. Are you sure you're getting LTE? Go across town and pull from another tower and see. Can you take a screenshot of your speedtest on the phone?

10. skwalk47

skwalk47 Newbie

Newton MA:
    22mbps/5mbps

:)

11. Mahalo

Mahalo Android Enthusiast

He said the phone is indicating 4G... Were you also using wifi and connected to a crappy connection?

12. rexboe

rexboe Member

Omaha,NE 15/5

13. William T Riker

William T Riker Android Enthusiast

I've been getting around 12-15 down here in central PA.

14. thatguy188

Well I guess it's my house? Me and the Family went to dinner and I did another test inside town .... 39,000 kbps download & 9000 kbps upload ;)

I like! :p

jroc likes this.
  15. thenew3

thenew3 Android Enthusiast

Central CA, with 2 bars of signal strength I'm getting 20mb down 10mb up.
    At home with 1 bar of 4g service, I'm getting 7mb down 3mb up.

Haven't found a place with stronger than 2 bars yet.

16. Reverence

Reverence Android Enthusiast

15/5 for me in Central CT. Not that great of signal strength where I was though.

17. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

34,000/9000 in ATL. That is an average over a few different tests. Thinking the Speedtest app isn't reading it correctly?

18. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

Im getting about 18 down and 2 up indoors in my apartment on the Upper East Side.

19. I Fly

I Fly Lurker

I am getting 25/5 here in Chattanooga TN. That is with 2 bars here at my house. Will try and get a reading at my office tomorrow where I get 4 bars.

20. BringItSon

BringItSon Well-Known Member

ummm u sure ur area is covered by LTE??

I believe there are different types of "LTE" coverage area. i suggest u look at coverage map.

21. Randino

Randino Android Enthusiast

I have a friend at Verizon and he told me there was some network issues today.

22. thatguy188

Probably, because now even at my house DL speeds are up where I like them with 4G LTE :) average around 20,000 inside my house @ 2 bars

23. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday

I absolutely love 4g! Browsing is such a breeze and soaps load things much faster, which is great for apps like Google Maps.

24. pgrommesh

pgrommesh Newbie

I cant get over 6mb/2mb after driving all over columbus, and i cant seem to connect 4g from my home "extended 4g coverage". Kinda disappointed and i miss my keyboard, this onscreen one is too big.

25. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Android Expert

I was getting scores about the exact same as you, actually, pinging from Sumter, SC. Well the score is terrible, my actual speed has been far greater than it has the past few months on my OG. I've had zero 3G issues on the Bionic, thus far.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews