• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Service in Cleveland, Ohio?

I am in North Ridgeville.. The 4g is all around me, but not at my house. There is a tower about a mile away. Every time I pass it, I look to see if there is anyone working on the tower or installing anything. Today was the day!
Now I don't know if they were hooking up the tower with 4g, but when I was driving my daughter to school there were two trucks at the base of the tower. One of the trucks was towing a trailer. There were three guys getting out ladders and such. When I came back home two of the men were already half way up the tower doing stuff and the 3rd man was holding a rope that looked attached to the men on the tower.
When I went to pick her up there were 2 more trucks and several more men. They were definitely adding something to the tower. I was surprised they were only half way up the tower.

Now. Does anyone think they were adding 4g to this tower? It is right by the ramp for the Ohio Turnpike. Has anyone seen personnel installing 4g that can tell me what to look for?

Upvote 0
I'm in Elyria, and I have great 3g, but no 4g as of yet. Also have not noticed any 4g along the lake areas. My office is in downtown Cleveland, and i get STRONG 4g in Westlake, Rocky River, North Olmstead, and PARTS of downtown Cleveland. But nothing like the map shown above.

I have taken readings in Terminal Tower, at City Hall, at the Science Center, Case Western, East 71 and Euclid, and at Cleveland Clinic.. no 4g in ANY of those places. (Though I was getting spotty 4g in my office on E71 and Euclid last week on Wednesday...musta been testing..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones