1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G speed in Miami

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by miamiparis, May 21, 2017.

1. miamiparis

miamiparis Member

I have a Motorola Nexus 6 in Miami. I am part of a MetroPCS family plan with 4 lines. I pay $25 per month for 2G of data, while others pay $35 for unlimited data. Now, internet speed is very slow. I used the free app speedtest.net and it gave me a speed of 0.14 Mbps only! The PCmag review at http://www.pcmag.com/article/345123/fastest-mobile-networks-2016/20? shows that there is a 44 Mbps with Verizon in Miami, so that's around 300 times faster than MetroPCS.
    Is it normal that my speed is so low? If you live in Miami, please test your speed with speedtest.net, and post your speed here so we can compare, don't forget to tell your company's name.
    I wanted to switch to a family plan with Verizon, but 1 member had a bad billing experience with this company. I wanted to switch to T-mobile at $40 per line for 4 lines, but the same member doesn't want to pay more than her actual $35 per month. What do you advise? I really lose much time waiting for web pages to display with my actual MetroPCS plan.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Have you gone over your 2GB limit? Your speed is reduced after using 2GB.

If you're not over your limit, are speeds that slow everywhere? Speeds depend on your location and how many people are on the tower.

MetroPCS uses T-Mobile towers.

3. miamiparis

miamiparis Member

No, I'm less than the 2 GB limit. According to the PCmag review, it's not slow everywhere. I am located in Miami Beach, exactly.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

How are you actually connected, what's the phone indicating, EDGE, 3G, H+, LTE, 1X, etc? I don't know "Miami Beach", but if you're in the boonies or something?

5. miamiparis

miamiparis Member

The phone indicates LTE. I am in Miami Beach, FL. Miami is a big city.