• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G speeds in Tampa?

iTzKPanda

AF's resident panda
Nov 10, 2011
Tampa, FL
Hi, I live in Tampa, FL and I was wondering if anyone knew what 4G speeds I could expect. I'm thinking of getting the SGS2 or the Motorolo Photon (or wait for a new phone announcement as CES) and Sprint's website says I get full 4G coverage in my neighborhood as well as indoors in my house.

Hi, I live in Tampa, FL and I was wondering if anyone knew what 4G speeds I could expect. I'm thinking of getting the SGS2 or the Motorolo Photon (or wait for a new phone announcement as CES) and Sprint's website says I get full 4G coverage in my neighborhood as well as indoors in my house.

If the coverage map shows that you have strong 4G, I would definitely trust it. Now, as you probably already know, signal strength can be affected sometimes by the building you're in. So if your house is older and more reinforced, you might not get full bars- but from my experience with my Motorola Photon, I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my 4G connection (and it doesn't even show that we have 4G in my area!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones