1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General 4g speeds

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bryan.allen, Oct 17, 2011.

1. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    So my brother in law called me and was asking about which smartphones to buy. He said he isn't going to spend 300 on one so he was looking at the x2, charge, or the tbolt. I told him I would read up on them. When doing so, I read that three charger can reach lte speeds of up to 12mbps. I don't know about everyone else but my bionic gets faster speeds than that all the time. I peaked at 31mbps on 4g. What's everyone elses highest?

Advertisement

2. sm24

sm24 Member
    None

Sep 24, 2011
    I haven't seen anywhere close to 31. I think the best I've seen has been around 20mbps, which is still pretty ridiculously fast.

3. amageus

amageus Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 24, 2009
    Using Speed Test by Ookla I've seen around 25mbps to a San Jose, CA server from Lathrop, CA and same to a Washington server. You're actual download speeds are gonna vary with your location and server loads. A very low ping to a server would net you the faster download speed as long as the server isn't overloaded. Results are gonna vary depending on what you're trying to do and where you're trying to do it from. If you're sitting outside of 4g don't expect the greatest download speeds. Being at a spot where 4g has a greater signal would give you better results. But like I said, it also depends on the other end of the transmission. If you're just surfing the net you're not going to see too much difference in speeds. I can't say anything about the other phones as I've never owned any of them. Also don't just base your purchase by the data speeds. Check out all the phones and make sure that all the features you want are in the phone.

4. xmr405o

xmr405o Android Expert
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    My uploads are always around 12-15mbps but my Downloads range from 5mbps-15mbps. It's kinda weird.

5. dave1812

dave1812 Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 29, 2009
    Male
    ret
    San Jose, CA
    is that on Speedtest.net? Fastest I've gotten is in the low to mid 20's. Usually where I am located in buildings (my home, for example) the speeds are under 8Mbs. I had fast speeds inside many buildings in Las Vegas, and also in my area if I am outside. Seems my home is in a lousy spot.

6. bryan.allen

bryan.allen Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 6, 2010
    Yeah. That's from speedtest.net app? Is it possible to post pictures on this forum if I'm using the phandroid? If do, ill post a screen shot of that test