1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4G Toggle out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iploya, Dec 28, 2011.

1. iploya

iploya Android Enthusiast

FYI, I found a 4G "toggle" in the market specific to Razr. It's called "4G Toggle for Razr."

It looks like they are being responsive to feedback and plan to reduce the size of the widget icon. Also, the current version is not truly a "toggle" in that it's not one-touch, but others have commented and I would expect they fix that too.

For now, it is sufficient that it works to turn off the battery-hogging 4G when you don't want it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

This has been out for a while. All it does is save you four taps and a swipe...

3. iploya

Please explain. Before seeking out a widget, I looked for, but didn't find anything, in the native settings that would allow me to turn 4G off and on.

4. DonDraper

DonDraper Well-Known Member

What I meant was, the app has been available in the Android Market for over a month. It's not new. It's just a shortcut, that takes you directly to the spot where you can disable or enable 4g. It doesn't actually enable/disable it itself. So it's kind of helpful, but most everyone would rather have an actual true toggle.

Unfortunately due to your misleading title, everyone will be coming to this thread thinking that someone coded an actual working toggle, which sadly is not the case.

5. iploya

Which is why I wrote:

"Also, the current version is not truly a "toggle" in that it's not one-touch, but others have commented and I would expect they fix that too."

I wasn't able to find the 4G or LTE setting myself, so the app will be useful to me, as it will be to others who are also looking for a way to turn on/off 4G.

6. Adauth

Adauth Android Expert

Settings> Wireless&Networks>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>CDMA/LTE - Switch to CDMA only. Bam 4g is off. Do the same thing to turn it back on. :)

7. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

Gosh you people are some serious hair splitters. ;)

This shortcut is the next best thing.

8. BWDscott

BWDscott Newbie

Is there anyway to set-up a shortcut to this setting's location? I haven't figured one out.

9. rnlcomp

rnlcomp Android Enthusiast

Anycut from the market, New> Activity> Network Settings, that will get you within 2 clicks. You can make any shortcut for any function on your phone, you can also enable a shortcut to the hidden FM radio app but it don't work YET, hoping Moto will enable it with ICS.

Jerzie likes this.
  10. Jerzie

Jerzie Member

Hidden FM radio app!!!? I LOVED that on my DX I was wondering what happened to it on the razr. Good tip for anycut. Very useful.

11. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member

not there

12. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member

there's no cdma only,,,just lte/cdma

13. doniago

doniago Android Enthusiast

...you're responding to a thread that's well over two years old. I wouldn't expect that things have stayed the same.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews