1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4g Toggle Widget??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prsparty, Sep 10, 2011.

1. prsparty

prsparty Lurker

Anyone found anything for the Bionic yet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to Android Forums, prsparty.

A quick search in Market may yield something for the Bionic, but I have my doubts. It could be worth a try, keeping in mind that what works for one Android model may not work for another.

On another subject, helpful hint for you in getting responses in the device forums;): use the "Tips" prefix only if you are starting a thread offering a tip, not for requesting one:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-bionic/410009-did-you-use-right-prefix-your-post-thread.html :)

I changed your prefix to "General" for you.

3. ringolong

ringolong Lurker

4. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

5. adroidn

adroidn Lurker

From what I've read around the tech sites and in the app developer links found in the Market, Android hasn't provided developers with a way to directly toggle the LTE radio like they can with the others (wifi, gps, bluetooth, or all as in airplane mode) which baffles me, but there are widgets like LTE Switch, or SwitchPro which has one widget in the pack (3g-2g) which take you to the spot in the menus where you choose to toggle between "CDMA/LTE" and "CDMA only" so it seems for now that's what we get. While I don't like it, I could live with it

The trouble with my Bionic is when turning on wifi, the 2 & 3G radios do not turn off and if I use a toggle to turn them off they turn themselves back on. This I can't live with this for long.

6. It's been over a month since the bionic was released...how is it possible that no one has developed a widget toggle for this? I'm baffled. I have to believe that with those who are rooted there has got to be a way to set up a widget that can change that setting that we have to change manually in the mobile network window

7. almahix

almahix Android Enthusiast

Priorities?

8. devlop

devlop Newbie

Switchpro put out an update not too long ago that works really well now with flipping the mobile network on and off. If you're looking for a widget that switches between 4g and 3g, then I can't help you.

9. PhilD

PhilD Well-Known Member

i use the "2g/3g" indicator in switchpro, it doesn't toggle between 3g and 4g directly, but it does open the settings menu and from there it's only one click to toggle 3g/4g. i have been using switch pro for a long time, it's a great widget with a lot of options.

Motorola Droid Bionic Forum

The Motorola Droid Bionic release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 1735mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews