• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G Toggle Widget

Here's a repeat of my Lounge post -

Hi, just in the neighborhood again.

So, I understand you don't have a simple 4G on/off widget, is that true?

OK, apologies if that's wrong and this is unnecessary, but the Motorola Photon 4G gang had the same issue with needing a 3G widget.

Probably, one of you could review this thread, grok it, adapt it to 4G and the settings path for your phone, and maybe post the solution as a tip on the Nexus forum.

http://androidforums.com/motorola-photon-4g/386947-solution-how-toggle-3g-off-see-post-12-a.html

Anyway, if I understood that there was an issue, maybe that sort of thing might work.

C'ya!

I may be able to help here as I did there if the issue is the same.

Let me know.

Upvote 0
Liquid Smooth 3.X by R3D offered a 4G toggle in the notification bar on my Thunderbolt. That is the only thing i REALLY miss about it.

20111116174847.png

i sure hope a dev will cook this functionality into a custom GNex ROM soon. at least we know it's possible!

Upvote 0
I found out I can enable/disable data from widgetsoid icon (its called mobile data)
that is different than what the OP wants....that just disables data all together.

for a non stock option, widgetsoid or a shortcut to mobile networks is your best bet.

if you are rooted and are comfortable with ROM'ing, i just flashed AOKP and put a LTE toggle in the notification bar, and it works just fine. took about 15 seconds to connect to 3g, but it worked. switching back to 4g was quick though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones