• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
yeah... I saw the message too.
I'm taking it with a grain of salt, seeing as the metropcs data page cannot even show me my actual l web data usage, and the privacy breaching nature of tether detection techniques minus flagging accounts for using massive amounts of data.
But I'll still monitor this closely and may change proxy settings if I deem it necessary. As always, "be vigilant" is my motto here.

Upvote 0
I was told at the metro store today that there is no real threat of cancellation as we never signed a Contract...my contact there also told me 3g is on the way VERY soon, and that wont be an issue once it is.
in a way every1 did sign a contract, if u remember a application u filled out with ur name and address and a signature at the bottom from what metro has told me from the last time they changed me from a special unlimted $55 pacakge for my unlimted data to the $60 plan without telling me so when i called and asked them what was going on they told me that they have the right to do any changes to our accounts without our consent.......yes i know thats pure BS but thats what the stupid paki said on the phone and i was in shock. anyways being on metro has its advantages and disadvantages. im betting they are not going to monitor so much the $60 plan users just everything below so i dont know i might upgrade,perhaps thats what they hoping everyone will do to make more money?

Upvote 0
in a way every1 did sign a contract, if u remember a application u filled out with ur name and address and a signature at the bottom from what metro has told me from the last time they changed me from a special unlimted $55 pacakge for my unlimted data to the $60 plan without telling me so when i called and asked them what was going on they told me that they have the right to do any changes to our accounts without our consent.......yes i know thats pure BS but thats what the stupid paki said on the phone and i was in shock. anyways being on metro has its advantages and disadvantages. im betting they are not going to monitor so much the $60 plan users just everything below so i dont know i might upgrade,perhaps thats what they hoping everyone will do to make more money?

it's still not a contract as much as an agreement... you can leave at any time, metro can terminate or change at any time... kinda like most people with a job (unions being the exception)... but as for them putting you on a $60 plan, you can change it to whatever current plan is still being offered, it's not like you HAVE to pay the $60. The tether ban might start happening once they are nearing a certain amount of data usage... they should be no where near that right now, if they are, they'll be in a heap of trouble with VoLTE...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones