1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

4g voice and data?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dan55, Sep 4, 2020.

1. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi,
    im not up much on network types in terms of voice and data differences

...to improve my call quality 3 got me to switch to 3g only for calls ...... but since then i seem to only see the H+ for data rather than 4g .... and hence connection slower for data

.....if im using 3g for calls does that mean i can only use 3g for data too? :/

thanks

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

That sounds like your OnePlus with your carrier only supports 3G service(H+ meaning HSDPA). Are you in the US, and who is your carrier?

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi - im in the uk on 3 network
    thanks

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i would try and talk to your carrier and see if it is something on there end. maybe you are in an area that 3 does not cover very well......????

5. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

thanks - yes i suspect you are correct :)
    cheers

6. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

mmm....not sure the 3 uk network improvements helped :/ ...... trying out wifi calling ... in theory that should help :/ :D

7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hmm, I wonder why they suggested 3G only? I don't know whether 3 support Voice Over LTE, but if they don't it should switch to 3G for a call by itself. Of course if they do support VoLTE but their LTE signal is weak that might affect call quality, but if you set 3G only that is for voice and data, there's no way of restricting the bands the phone will connect to for one usage but not the other.

WiFi calling certainly can help when in fringe signal coverage.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. dan55

dan55 Android Expert

hi Hadron,
    .... i think it gets around possible switching issues when signal is poor .... maybe ... i read sumink online (actually from someone in 3) about 4g switching issues

yes in theory the wifi calling should get around the duff signal :)

cheers

ocnbrze likes this.

OnePlus 7T Forum

The OnePlus 7T release date was October 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.55" inch screen, 48MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 855+ processor, and 3800mAh battery.

October 2019
Release Date
Reviews