1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
  1. rebel69ization

rebel69ization Well-Known Member

I have been noticing in the status bar that the 3G icon has been switching to 4G a lot. Has anyone else noticed this?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Sleepingsirens

Sleepingsirens Well-Known Member

What ROM are you running?

3. rebel69ization

4. Sleepingsirens

Sleepingsirens Well-Known Member

that doesnt make any sense lol, do you have a theme for CM7?

5. deltaphc

deltaphc Lurker

Even if it does say 4G, the Triumph literally doesn't have the hardware/radio for 4G signals (afaik). A custom ROM couldn't add 4G support even if it wanted to.

6. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

There are parts for 4g, both wimax and LTE. Obviously the phone can't connect to 4g, but the software is in there. rebel69ization, you may have a bad flash. I think you should consider a reflash.

7. rebel69ization

there is absolutely nothing wrong so why should i reflash it?

8. MikeRL

MikeRL Android Enthusiast

Maybe it's a good idea if you post a screenshot of what you mean. It's either a them, or you're just seeing 1X, not 4G. That just means that data is going incredibly slow. It's hard to see since the text is so small. I wondered what it was the first time I saw it myself. And if you are still having issues after this is all done, reflash. It could turn into a Pandora's Box of issues, you never know.

9. Bill Clay

Bill Clay Member

Can you imagine the rush to download MT DEV CM7 if you guys had discovered the 'secret' to enabling 4G on the Triumph?! :D:p

10. GrandTheftBJJ

GrandTheftBJJ Well-Known Member

mediafire would break.. :D

FYI: I'm aware we can't get 4G because of hardware/radio. Just saying...

11. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Just to verify, this is correct
    Triumph doesn't have the hardware for any sort of 4g, so there would be no "secret" way to enable it.

As far as the initial question, there is either a theme enabled to make it look that way or something messed up with your ROM flash that is showing the wrong icon.

12. dsmryder

dsmryder Android Expert

Well I can tell you that we didn't put a theam with 4g icons showing up. The reason I would recommend reflashing is there is something wrong. I just don't know where to begin to diagnose it. Like I said "consider" It can still be an app causing it, or a bad flash. The icons are called by code and if the 4g icon is being called when it shouldn't, I'd say there is something that is messed up.

Just my opinion. Although, I would like to see a screenshot. Or maybe when we slow down I'll make a theam to "fudge" 4g:D

13. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

Have the 4g icon show up when you have a 4 bar connection to 3g ha.

14. rebel69ization

ive been trying to get one but its so random and fast i cant catch it

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews